Vintage Non-Sports Cards
Buy/Sell/Trade Vintage Baseball Links Gallery of Non-Sports Cards
Vintage Non-sports Forum

Author   Comment  
rhettyeakley

Reply with quote  #1 
I have never really gone after this set to any great degree but recently picked up a group and finally sat down and sorted what I had and here is what I need for a master set. I have a lot of duplicates right now (probably about 200+). I need the following cards and would prefer to trade cards but will trade cash for cards I need. Email me at rhettyeakley@netzero.com

if you are also going for the Master Set feel free to list the ones you need here as well...

1910 T51 College Series

Series 1-25 w/ small # in corner : 
Have about 1/3 of the set so I need quite a few (I have duplicates of #6 Denver & #2 W&J--will only trade for others I need) Have: 2,5,6,8,12,15,22.

Series 1-25: 
Need more of these than I was expecting (have about 1/2 the set), email if you have some sitting around

Series 1-25 2nd Edition:
Pennsylvania

Series 26-50: 
Bowdoin (I need a few upgrades on some other cards in this series )

Series 26-50 2nd Edition:
Vermont

Series 51-75, Series 76-100, Series 101-125, Series 126-150
All Complete (a few upgrades needed)

swarmee

Reply with quote  #2 
Did you get the lot of 300 or so that Painthistorian listed recently?  This is my favorite set, and I'd be glad to trade some to upgrade in condition on my PSA registry set.  I'll dig through some I've got laying around, but I've got about 50 duplicates already PSA graded as well.  Are you looking for EX on average, or VG+?  
rhettyeakley

Reply with quote  #3 
I did end up with those, mostly "collectors grade" cards (P/F to VGEX or so) but they filled quite a few holes and buried in the lost was a lower grade Michigan 1-25 series with the little #15, which I had been looking for for a while. 

As far as condition, I am looking for decent VG or better I suppose, more about eye appeal than a technical grade for my "set."

Again, I had quite a few cards to begin that I would collect and sell my duplicates (ebay name is kryvintage) but never really pursued the "Master Set" with any gusto but with that large of a lot I figured it was a good opportunity to fill in a lot of the little holes that I was missing.

-Rhett
email me at rhettyeakley@netzero.com
swarmee

Reply with quote  #4 
Very nice; the Michigan #15 was the first card from the set I paid over $100 for; maybe the only one I've paid that much for.  It graded a PSA 5 EX.  
Well, I'm mjohnatgt on eBay and COMC; I know we've had some transactions before.  You can see some of the graded ones on eBay, and graded + raws on COMC. 

Here are others I have from your named list:
Vermont 2nd Edition (presents like EX+ on the front)  Has a crease down one side only visible when tilting
Missouri 1-25 first edition (VG+) rounded corners, but centered and crisp image
Bowdoin 1st Ed (VG+) lightly rounded corners, one has a chip of paper loss at the corner on front

Best looking cards from 51-150 I still have raw: Coe VG-EX+, Davidson VG-EX, Mich Ag (Michigan State) VG-EX, LSU VG+ light corner crease, Oklahoma VG-EX, Chattanooga VG-EX.  I'll send you pictures of all of these to email.
John
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.