Vintage Non-Sports Cards
Buy/Sell/Trade Vintage Baseball Links Gallery of Non-Sports Cards
Vintage Non-sports Forum

Author   Comment  
JClarke
Reply with quote  #1 
This Dukes Poster has been a favourite of mine. I have never seen another image showing a man actually pulling what looks to be an "N" Card out of a pack. The woman is looking on with scorn delcaring "These Cigarette Pictures are enough to lead someone off". (How many of you have heard your girlfriends/Wives/Husbands mumble something similar in the past while you were wandering around a show) Any guesses on what series card it is? I have always thought it looks a little like one of the Duke's Stars of the Stage Series's?

Anyone can feel free to copy these images for thier own personal files, but if you end up publishing them in anyway (online/website/print ect.) please credit me for the images in the forum that you published on.
Dave G
Reply with quote  #2 
It looks like a Stars of the Stage series, but they didn;t come with Cigarettes, only Honest Long Cut tobacco - and he is pulling the card out from a pack of cigarettes.
Darren
Reply with quote  #3 
Cool ad.
Eric
Reply with quote  #4 
Not exactly poster size but I believe this Zira ad was a store display advertising silks. I've seen a similar ad for Nebo.

Eric
jClarke
Reply with quote  #5 
One of the few "N" Era Displays mentioning Cards in Packs.

It's a little hard to read, but it Mentions "Photographs In Each Package" I think it must be reffering to the N488's. I will try and get a picture of my Dad's Kinney N244 Banner and post it here. It is especially rare since it has an overstamp of the American Cigarette Company which issued the cards in Canada (i beleive they were liscensed to sell and distribute Kinney Products in Canada).

Anyone can feel free to copy these images for their own personal files, but if you end up publishing them in anyway (online/website/print ect.) please credit me for the images in the forum that you published on.
Anonymous
Reply with quote  #6 
Well that one looks like a candidate for the Transvestite Forum.

Gee, I hope all you cross dressers do not take this comment as offensive. As Geo. Castanza might say "... not that there is anything wrong with it ..."
Tom Boblitt
Reply with quote  #7 
is getting angry!
Ralph
Reply with quote  #8 
With all this Seinfeld talk, let me be the first to wish all of you a very warm, enjoyable and HAPPY FESTIVUS!
Tom Boblitt
Reply with quote  #9 
the airing of Grievances........

Mark_Finn
Reply with quote  #10 
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.