Vintage Non-Sports Cards
Buy/Sell/Trade Vintage Baseball Links Gallery of Non-Sports Cards
Vintage Non-sports Forum

Author   Comment  
nscards

Reply with quote  #1 
Greg's recent post of trading for a Bobby Sherman Plak got me thinking about these two sets associated with the teen idol. Terry Gomes greatly assisted by providing 12/15 images of the 'Type 2' insert cards associated, but still need three more.

I've attached a PDF with the associated NSB segments, and appreciate any comments,  editing, or assistance with the missing three images.

Chris

Attached Files
pdf nsb_chapters_BobbySherman_2020.03.20.pdf (12.31 MB, 17 views)

lcummins

Reply with quote  #2 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nscards
Greg's recent post of trading for a Bobby Sherman Plak got me thinking about these two sets associated with the teen idol. Terry Gomes greatly assisted by providing 12/15 images of the 'Type 2' insert cards associated, but still need three more.

I've attached a PDF with the associated NSB segments, and appreciate any comments,  editing, or assistance with the missing three images.

Chris

Unfortunately, this is the best image I have of 15 of them...

BobbyShermanPlaks_Test_72.jpg 

I do have one high-res image... Chris, let me know if you want me to email you the original image.

KissBobbySherman_Test_06.png 

I'll keep looking and see if I can turn up better images of the other two.

Also, I have some information on the plaks as well. I'll get my info together and post that in a bit.

And for those who don't know, after leaving the entertainment business, Bobby became an EMT, a L.A.P.D. police officer and is currently a San Bernardino Country Sheriff.
b8d13e6f60ad546437b1ed10c6005ebb.jpg  eb50f6539721d640df916eb45510a2f7--law-enforcement-bobby.jpg 17ebe433d5d31c2427110cc198b1f7b4--kind-person-sheriff.jpg  536240e58bfb5f52997fb6820219e25c.jpg 

Reply with quote  #3 
Hey Chris, I just noticed something... there are at least 16 "Kiss Bobby" cards!!

I matched the cards in my image to your PDF; there are 11 of your 12 (missing your #4) and 4 new ones. That makes 16 cards!

GettingTogetherWithBobbySherman_Test_21a.jpg

Reply with quote  #4 
Now, on to the plaks themselves! We know the 'postcard' backs say a set of 35, but the 'Ask Bobby' backs don't state a total number, but the highest I've seen is #32 (out of only 11 different cards).

I have images of two different uncut proof sheets from Topps Vault and well as several single proofs from Topps Vault. All together, comparing the proof sheets, the proof singles, the 'Ask Bobby' fronts and the 'Postcard' fronts, I have 44 different images! And even more confusing, some of the finished cards are not on either proof sheet and some of the single proofs are not on either proof sheet, so that tells us there must be at least one more sheet out there.

I created a Word document for myself to track the images I had, listing the row/column of the proof sheet they were on, and if known as a finished card, etc. Below are the pages (as images) to show the 44 different fronts. (If anyone wants a PDF of the Word doc, just let me know and I can email to you.)

Page01.jpg

Page02.jpg

Page03.jpg

Page04.jpg

Page05.jpg

Page06.jpg

Below are the two uncut proof sheets (one is low-res unfortunately)...

First sheet is 6x4 sheet...

BobbyShermanPlaks_Test_01.jpg

Second is 4x4 sheet (top left three cards are duplicates of top right three cards above)...
  BobbyShermanPlaks_Test_56e.png

I
 have confirmed the following cards exist...

“Ask Bobby Sherman-“ back
Known numbers – 1,4,5,10,13,14,17,18,23,31,32

Postcard back
Known numbers – 13,16,21,23,30,35

...unfortunately, in the images I have, the cards are not in the same arrangement when flipped to photograph the backs on some images, so I cannot positively identify which front goes with which number. That is why you will see an unknown number listed in the Word doc above.

Reply with quote  #5 
Lonnie -

Thanks for posting. I believe that my information that I based the "15 cards" on came long ago (maybe Terry Duvall or a Wrapper advertiser?), so I suspect that it is likely that the set may total 16 cards, counting the "Kiss Print Card" - I'll make the necessary changes to reflect this (adding your new image and making the "Kiss" card #16).

Still need good images of those three others that you show on the low res image. Anybody actually own any of these?

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.