Vintage Non-Sports Cards
Buy/Sell/Trade Vintage Baseball Links Gallery of Non-Sports Cards
Vintage Non-sports Forum

Author   Comment  
BigBlock396

Reply with quote  #1 
I just purchased these and I am not sure what they are. They look to me to be some sort of a salesman sample for calender's.They measure about 3.25" X 6.25". If you know what they are then maybe you also know how a person got them.Also a rough year that they may be from. I am thinking about 1950.If they are salesman samples then I guess how they were obtained is self explanatory. The large single picture used one of the pictures from the first lot.It is a factory item that is about 3/16th " thick and is a raised embossed picture. Quite nice to see. I think it may be from the 1970's but not sure.Thanks.

Billyo9999

Reply with quote  #2 
The one with the red border have a number in the lower left and copyright GOES lower right.
Goes Lithographing Company which make calendars among other things operated in Chicago from 1871-2009 and then moved to Wisconsin.   http://news.goeslitho.com/the-history-of-goes/

I didn't find anything for these specific items.

Reply with quote  #3 
Looks like they may also be salesman samples for ink blotters.
ink blotter.jpg  ink blotter1.jpg

1880nonsports

Reply with quote  #4 
Blotters are a TOUGH sell so I'd go with calendar tops :-) Seriously though either usage seems likely despite only a sample of a blotter shown. Bit too new for me but neat nevertheless.

Reply with quote  #5 
Thanks a lot for the information.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.