Vintage Non-Sports Cards
Buy/Sell/Trade Vintage Baseball Links Gallery of Non-Sports Cards
Vintage Non-sports Forum

Author   Comment  
bobpacific

Reply with quote  #1 
Every once in a while someone on this blog mentions "getting type cards." Can someone explain to me what this term means?
jbnonsport

Reply with quote  #2 
Hi Bob, “type cards” is a term used to describe a given card from a series. Some people such as myself like to collect at least one card from a given genre such as N cards. To complete many N card sets would be an impossibility in a lifetime. But to collect a “type” from each set is a fun pursuit.

Reply with quote  #3 
Yep, grabbing one card from as many sets as possible, so you basically have an archive of what all the sets look like, feel like, etc.  So if you stumble upon a collection of rare cards and you're not sure they're real, a type card collector could compare it to the one in their collection and have a pretty good idea of authenticity.

PSA: "Sometimes Get Cheated"
https://www.comc.com/Users/mjohnatgt,sr,i100 

bobpacific

Reply with quote  #4 
Does it matter which card in the set you obtain, like all #1 cards? Or do you just get what cards you can?
sthoemke

Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobpacific
Does it matter which card in the set you obtain, like all #1 cards? Or do you just get what cards you can?

Doesn't matter. Just any one card from a set to be a type collector. (#1 cards are more sought after though, due to condition sensitivity)

Some collectors like certain types of cards within sets (checklists, for example).
bobpacific

Reply with quote  #6 
Thanks for the information. I may start a type collection. My wife will be so happy!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.