Vintage Non-Sports Cards
Buy/Sell/Trade Vintage Baseball Links Gallery of Non-Sports Cards
Vintage Non-sports Forum

Author   Comment  
1880nonsports

Reply with quote  #1 
Hard to believe I can't find someone to sell me one or two of the cards I'm missing. Would you really let me go to my maker before completing this relatively small set???? I'd like to have fond memories of this site and the people here [frown]

Ionosphere cruiser
strato cruiser

Reply with quote  #2 
B
U
M
P

Reply with quote  #3 
If money is no object both are up on eBay from finds2life right now.
1880nonsports

Reply with quote  #4 
Thanks for the heads-up and to the 2/3 people that emailed me. Of course it's on my searches but still appreciate it! Despite an 8000. win on the chiefs - prices on these two are still too high even for me. It's typical to pay strongest for the last card or two to finish a set. I've done it more than once however for now I think I'll just be a little more patient. This set was wayyyy out of my wheelhouse when I took it on. I have a few things that demarcate my birthyear and this set always caught my eye. Perhaps I can negotiate and if not - this will continue to be a set I'm looking to finish along with the other 5/6.

Reply with quote  #5 
Henry,
Did you change your mind or get a discount?
Or a wealthy member make a donation?
1880nonsports

Reply with quote  #6 
much as I wish it was - I'm also glad it wasn't. Worst part wasn't the strong ask - it was that the seller listed them as "mint" which was quite a stretch - even though on first glance they do look nice. I think the seller has others he hasn't listed - maybe even dupes. If I remember the right person - his father worked for them?
There aren't many of these cards just floating around so maybe the price was right. Congratulations to the new owner. If they are seeing this - I'll be around when and if you tire of them :-)

edited to add I was quite surprised to see them in my "ended" list rather than the watching open items list....

Reply with quote  #7 
They were overpriced and over graded in my opinion. It does seem strange of the 5 titles listed, the 2 that sold were the 2 you needed? And certainly not the 2 toughest!

I know in time you'll complete it.
1880nonsports

Reply with quote  #8 
agreed on both points as I stated earlier. As to toughness - one of them is low population.... Thanks for the encouragement. For now I am reluctant to waver or give up!

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.