Vintage Non-Sports Cards
Buy/Sell/Trade Vintage Baseball Links Gallery of Non-Sports Cards
Vintage Non-sports Forum

Author   Comment  
wheatiesfanatic

Reply with quote  #1 
I would like to get some information on the T26 Between The Acts Little Cigars "Actresses" series. Below I have pictured 3 cards from this set that have "Cross Cut Tobacco" advertising on the backs. In the guide of American Tobacco Cards there was no mention of a Cross Cut back. Should these be considered a separate series or are these T26's? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Hopefully, Tim & Chris will find these helpful in their research efforts. Also, I noticed there were no Cross Cut examples on Todd's non-sport.com site, so hopefully Todd  IMG_2047.jpg  IMG_2037.jpg  IMG_2049.jpg  IMG_2054.jpg IMG_2027.jpg  add these. Since will add these. As many of us are homebound during these tough times I am hoping to see many more posts to keep people positive and ease their minds with this wonderful hobby of ours. I wish all of my fellow collectors the best! Stay Strong! Stay Healthy!

Monty

tim_uk

Reply with quote  #2 
I've seen a flurry of activity on these cards recently!

Todd's site has 49/50 cards shown for T26 Between The Acts (BTA), where is the Ethel Barrymore image - anyone?

On the Cross Cut Tobacco backs, Todd's site shows these as T451 and identical fronts to the 50 cards in T26 (two sub-sets of 25).

In the WTI index, the BTA cards are issued by ATC, but the Cross Cut Tobacco cards are issued by BAT - intriguing. The WTI states they are slightly different sizes too (only 1mm) - perhaps you can check Monty?

The Cross Cut are only known in 24 cases for ribbon frame and 21 for beaded frame. I suspect this is simply because they are rare (in the USA), not due to any difference in the actual set that was issued. If they were issued by BAT into China and the Far East, that might explain why so few turn up in the USA. Maybe if we looked in China, the position might be different. That is not an area I've ever looked at though - but I'm guessing someone on this forum may have?

BTA references.jpg 

non-sport.com

Reply with quote  #3 
Just a little database tip - Chuck did a fantastic job building the tobacco data with the brands, so whenever I am trying to ID a tobacco card I go to the "Adv Search" tab and start typing in the brand. As you type you will see matching selections come up until you see the one you want, like this:
b1.jpg 

Select it and hit submit and you will see all matching sets, like this:

b2.jpg 

So, in this case there is only one that has the "Celebrated Cross Cut" brand.

Reply with quote  #4 
Tim, thanks for the helpful information. I had a feeling these might be 2 separate issues. The guide of American Tobacco Cards only goes up to T177 which explains why I could not find the info I was looking for. Todd, thanks a lot for giving me the heads up on the "advanced" search. I always just use the search bar when looking for items, and honestly never saw the "advanced" option. That definitely is a helpful tool in locating cards on your wonderful site. Hopefully, you will be able to add some of the pictures I posted.

Monty
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.