Vintage Non-Sports Cards
Buy/Sell/Trade Vintage Baseball Links Gallery of Non-Sports Cards
Vintage Non-sports Forum

Author   Comment  
atrb

Reply with quote  #1 
I’ve had this for years and I’m thinking of selling it. Any idea as to value? Thank you.

Attached Images
jpeg 58E2F459-D6EE-4783-8807-BA953871A0F3.jpeg (364.01 KB, 25 views)

1880nonsports

Reply with quote  #2 
I have a couple from different sets. I sold a few maybe 10+ years ago. I would say when all markets were strong about 250.00. I would venture in the 125.00 - 175.00 range. I would likely buy it for 100.00......

no guarantees whether written or implied.

Reply with quote  #3 
I would concur with Henry. I'd be hard pressed to pay more than $150 for something like this. Hard to store, not that great to display. Only a few collectors interested & the series topic is not in high demand. Still, with one-off's like this you never know & it is a really neat & scarce piece of tobacco card ephemera. Bob
non-sport.com

Reply with quote  #4 
It always amazes me with all the things Bob said that things like this have survived.

Reply with quote  #5 
Personally, I think the uncut tobacco card and silks sheets are the coolest things around as I have gotten a ton of useful historical information from studying them. However, I am probably not the usual collector.....

I have picked up a number of these over the years (such as a T51 printer sheet like this T107 example) and generally end up wondering whatever am I going to do with them once I've finished my research. For example, I've got the T51 sheet in an over-sized plastic holder stuffed into the pocket of my binder containing my T51 set. Probably the best place to put it unless I want to frame it someday (along with the 189 other items I want to but probably never will get around to framing...). As such, at least it is preserved.

I much prefer to have the actual item in hand to study but a picture often does just as well particularly for larger items that don't easily fit into binders (and certainly doesn't take up any space). I wrestle with this quandary whenever I see such an item listed on eBay or in an auction (my office is max'd out & my wife is not giving me any more space in the house to "clutter up with all your junk"....). Consequently there are a lot of times where I will pass on over-sized items and just scoop the pictures from the auction.

I certainly do hope that items like these get preserved for the benefit of interested collectors of future generations. 

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.