Vintage Non-Sports Cards
Buy/Sell/Trade Vintage Baseball Links Gallery of Non-Sports Cards
Vintage Non-sports Forum

Author   Comment  
1880nonsports

Reply with quote  #1 
OK. I'm putting my room together after a small flood and while I have time. Actually putting the whole house together to be honest. In any event I thought I'd share some pix.. I have one wall and a half done shown in the first four pix. I have most of the other wall and a half done shown in a couple pix after that - I just have to do some pruning of the things in the Lorillard cabinets and clean my desk. My biggest problem is that decluttering (well sort of) has left me little space to display my rare cabinet advertising photos and things that I like to look at. I guess there are bigger problems to think about.

There are some cards here but I know there's more memorabilia then anything else. Guys on the sister site are more inclined to show their cards and how they display them then the folks here for a number of understandable reasons. I have no fear and enjoy exposing some of my stuff to others as it interests me and feel it should interest others whether it does or not. As I make some progress on another room I'll post some more pix.

Attached Images
jpeg IMG_2570.jpg (225.92 KB, 34 views)
jpeg IMG_2571.jpg (242.68 KB, 35 views)
jpeg IMG_2577.jpg (223.54 KB, 34 views)
jpeg IMG_2579.jpg (424.42 KB, 37 views)
jpeg IMG_2572.jpg (262.37 KB, 37 views)
jpeg IMG_2573.jpg (340.21 KB, 36 views)
jpeg IMG_2574.jpg (370.56 KB, 34 views)

JRhodes

Reply with quote  #2 
Henry, you and I collect cards from very different eras... but I love those displays! Bravo, good sir!
wheatiesfanatic

Reply with quote  #3 
Henry, it's a shame you don't put a little more love into your collection. Fantastic display!!!! I was trying to figure out what my favorite item was but could not just pick one, so I chose three -  1) Between The Acts & Bravo poster (of course) 2) Gypsy Queen Cigarettes box 3) Allen & Ginter Pirates of the Spanish Main poster. That Gypsy Queen box looks to be in fantastic shape. Also, love the Lorillard cabinets! Look forward to more pics when you get the time.

Monty
teza

Reply with quote  #4 
Henry, always a pleasure to see your man cave.  Like I've said before, I could hang-out in there for hours!

Regards,
Jeff   
Marslife

Reply with quote  #5 
Fabulous!

Reply with quote  #6 
That is the most beautiful display I've ever seen, with the possible exception being a now-defunct private museum on the West Coast.
I'm afraid I would forget to breathe in such a room..

Reply with quote  #7 
Well displayed OUTSTANDING stuff Henry - thanks for sharing.
1880nonsports

Reply with quote  #8 
Thanks for the kind words. I don't have my collecting friends around anymore here in fla so it's usually left for me to enjoy and my wife to kind of complain about :-) With the Carona thing my wife isn't letting anyone into the house anyway. Still a work in progress but I'm getting the configuration right for the confines of my office. Soon I'll have to attack the "other" room 😉  I tend to look at the cards, advertising, and accoutrement more as art than anything else. I also collect fossils and minerals with a little rare amber mixed in. Man's art and natures art - each beautiful in their own ways.....….

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.