Vintage Non-Sports Cards
Buy/Sell/Trade Vintage Baseball Links Gallery of Non-Sports Cards
Vintage Non-sports Forum

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
boxingcardman

Reply with quote  #26 
Sherman CDV 1.jpg  Sherman CDV 2.jpg 

General William Tecumseh Sherman CDV by Charles deforest Fredricks.  

We can be heroes, just for one day
Judge a man by how he treats someone who can do nothing for him--Nick Charles
http://www.americasgreatboxingcards.com
jbnonsport

Reply with quote  #27 
Been a while since I posted some pickups, but love looking at all the neat stuff you guys get, I was very impressed with Jason's last month pickup of the Red Falcon Booklets, those are very tough.

F212 Perkins Products Circus Cutouts uncut lot of 14 from mail away 14 in envelope, I am guessing they had 3 separate mailings to make the set of 42 different
DSC06083.jpg  DSC06084.jpg  DSC06085.jpg  Some random tobacco cards
DSC06080.jpg  DSC06070.jpg  DSC06071.jpg  DSC06077.jpg  DSC06078.jpg  Near set of the Story of Money bread cards DSC06072.jpg  Some nice trade cards DSC06073.jpg  DSC06074.jpg  DSC06075.jpg  DSC06076.jpg  A couple of Allen & Ginter premium cards
DSC06081.jpg  This one is cataloged as H244 in the ACC
DSC06082.jpg 

Reply with quote  #28 
Jerry,
Awesome stuff! Those Perkins items are great!

Reply with quote  #29 
a generous net54 allowed me the ginter hanger (great piece) sorry I bid you up a bit as I chased it for future trade bait. To make it even I had the Pet cabinet of the little girl on my watch list but slept it - can't remember if I have one or if it's in the 6 year old + DJR listings I keep seeing. Hopefully it's in a folder :-) In any event - both nice pickups!

Reply with quote  #30 
Leaf Fact Cards & Flags of All Nations Stickers
ButterfliesRFree167.jpg  ButterfliesRFree168.jpg  ButterfliesRFree169.jpg    ButterfliesRFree171.jpg 

Lux Soap - Nice large images
ButterfliesRFree172.jpg  ButterfliesRFree173.jpg 

Dixie Lids
ButterfliesRFree174.jpg  ButterfliesRFree175.jpg 
Bread Labels, laugh-in Box, Cereal inserts and Coke Wild Flower Card Set

ButterfliesRFree176.jpg 

REALLY COOL TEA Card - Anyone seen one before?  It measures 2 x 3"ButterfliesRFree182.jpg  ButterfliesRFree183.jpg 
1961 Topps Sports Cars Stickers - no tabs

ButterfliesRFree186.jpg 

LeRoy Tobacco President Cards
ButterfliesRFree187.jpg
ButterfliesRFree189.jpg   

Great Color on these Meadow gold Circus cards, 1949 Topps License & Sugar Daddy DisneyButterfliesRFree188.jpg   ButterfliesRFree190.jpg

Tea Flag Cards
  ButterfliesRFree191.jpg  ButterfliesRFree192.jpg 
Dr. Dolittle Cereal CardsButterfliesRFree193.jpg  ButterfliesRFree194.jpg

jbnonsport

Reply with quote  #31 
Nice stuff Greg, the Meadow Gold circus cards are super tough, I am always looking for them but never see any, nice grab!
Also never seen the tea card, nice looking card.

Reply with quote  #32 
Picked up a vintage Japanese Menko card of Batman(?).

2.jpg 

non-sport.com

Reply with quote  #33 
Greg,
Great pickups! I only have one of the Clipper Ship tea cards...

[187805] 

So with yours we now have 2 in the database (love to have any help filling in any other titles!)

http://www.non-sport.com/sets/11544

Here are few recent for me...

These were a new discovery for me. Some D18-2 Bird Cards but from Royal Baking Co. instead of Remar...
IMG_5738.jpg 
  ( http://www.non-sport.com/sets/11543 )

A wrapper for the Animal Toy Rockers bread issue...
IMG_5737.jpg 

Here is what the die-cut cards look like...
IMG_5737.jpg 

I didn't have too many of these R188 Puzzles Games by W.S. Corp (not sure what the "H" card is - has blank back)...
IMG_5739.jpg 

These next items were all weekend pickups....

Some Jell-O booklets from the 1920's-30's. Many have great graphics throughout (and they were cheap!)...
IMG_5732.jpg 

The one with the "1924" at the top has all the artwork from the F216-5 Jell-O Girl Month series...
IMG_5733.jpg 

Stuff like this I find amazing! It is a complete set of 50 Viewcard Post Cards (numbered) from Woman's World magazine circa early 1900's.
What is amazing is that it is in the ACC as PC964....
IMG_5734.jpg 
  ( http://www.non-sport.com/sets/11541 )

A large group of Singing Lady Mother Goose cereal box backs from the early 1930's...
IMG_5735.jpg 

A Hoppy the Marvel Bunny Puzzle from the early 1940's (Fawcet Comics - also cheap)...
IMG_5736.jpg 

Reply with quote  #34 
Great pickups this month! I had to do a double-take at Marvel Bunny.

A few for me:

IMG_5291.jpg

Four Star Candy Spooking Size Cigarettes box and Topps Wacky Plaks/Kookie Plaks test sticker

IMG_5290.jpg 
Novel Gum League of Nations premium box (flattened)

IMG_5293.jpg 
Parkhurst "Ripley's Believe It or Not" pack with original contents. It included a duplicate, and two of the cards (53 and 62) were a slightly different size than the others.

IMG_5286.jpg 
This Wells-Lamont uncut "Red Ryder" sheet is slightly different than the one I picked up earlier this year in that it has a white back instead of yellow. It's in rough shape, but the price was too good to pass up.

IMG_5292.jpg 
Topps "Casey & Kildare" printing plates. Two have bends, and they all contain various degrees of foxing, but they're unique and the price was right. The seller had a whole stack of them; these were the ones I thought were best, condition-wise.

IMG_5287.jpg 
Empty Fleer vending box

IMG_5289.jpg 
Once upon a time it contained "McHale's Navy" cards.

IMG_5296.jpg 
Topps Trading Card Guild generic cello pack box. According to a stamp on the back (which I neglected to photograph), it contained Flags of the World cards, dating it to 1956.

IMG_5297.jpg 
Letterhead from the Independent Candy Co. of Chicago, maker of the R116 Presidents series; and an OPC Gipsy Gum wrapper

Kitty Pops wrapper A.jpg 

Not my pickup, unfortunately, but this internet image depicts the wrapper for the Kitty Pops named on the Independent Candy Co. invoice. I'm posting it here so if any future Independent Candy researchers stumble upon this post, everything is together in one convenient location. Since no R116 wrapper or packaging is known, I wonder if there might be a tie-in to this product somehow. Cats and presidents don't necessarily seem to mix, but stranger non-sports pairings have been made.

non-sport.com

Reply with quote  #35 
Jason,
Great stuff! I still have not been able to score any of those Four Star boxes.

I was super excited to get these Becker Prize cards. They helped out the checklist a bit as well. (and they are in fantastic shape - look brand new!)..
IMG_5755.jpg 

Reply with quote  #36 
Todd, I scoop them up whenever I find them at the right price. This is the best-condition one I have by a wide margin (though it does have a crayon mark on the other side). Someone auctioned off a full set, box-by-box, on eBay a few years ago, including a "Raw Lee" cannibal-themed type I've never seen otherwise, but all went for more than what I was willing to pay at the time ($75-$125 each, if memory serves -- the ones on the high end were the ones I inadvertently bid up).
fallbrookjack

Reply with quote  #37 
Here are a couple of interesting "Mother's Best Bread" cards.  The first is the announcement card and the second, an uncut card of Broncho Billy Jr., the first in the series.  - Jack J.

Bread Puppet Theater cards 001.jpg
Bread Puppet Theater cards 002.jpg 

non-sports daniel

Reply with quote  #38 
Jack,

Those are D139 Pictures That Move. As far as I know only the title card and Billy Jr. card are all that are known.
fallbrookjack

Reply with quote  #39 
Thanks, Daniel, for the info.  You got me digging a little deeper and I found another Harlfinger Baking Co. card in my collection.  This one doesn't fit into the identified subjects listed for the "Pictures that Move" group, but it is the same maker and format.  The other one from Spalding Bread is the same size and format.  Also included are some others, already cut and assembled, from "Butter-Nut Bread".  I do like these die-cut mechanicals.  - Jack J.

Bread Mechanicals - 2  001.jpg 
Bread Mechanicals - 2 backs  002.jpg 
Bread Mechanicals - 6  001.jpg 

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.