Vintage Non-Sports Cards
Buy/Sell/Trade Vintage Baseball Links Gallery of Non-Sports Cards
Vintage Non-sports Forum

Author   Comment  
tsalem

Reply with quote  #1 
I picked up several of these still sealed in original cello packaging.  Trying to figure out what year they were produced or if anyone has any info about this set...

Here is a link on Ebay on what I have...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Type-Cards-Salada-Foods-Canada-ANTIQUE-CARS-EX-cond/122898394648?hash=item1c9d50ae18:m:mwerz0-xJUhUkI1aF5AuLlA
carbking

Reply with quote  #2 
According to my information, Salada (Canada) Tea Vintage Car Transfers were done in 1970. It is a 40 card (transfer) set.

Sanitarium Health Foods (Australia) used the same artwork in 1971 to replicated the 40 card set. If you want to get really anal, the Sanitarium cards come with 6 different colored backs (blue, brown, gray, green, red, and purple). The Sanitarium Master set is 240 cards. The brown backs are the most common; with the gray, red, and purple being the most difficult to find. Still missing quite a few of the various Sanitarium cards.

Jon.

If you think "one size fits all" - try walking a mile in your spouse's shoes!
tsalem

Reply with quote  #3 
Wow, great info! Thanks for the help
carbking

Reply with quote  #4 
It is an interesting set. Not a lot of collectors that collect automobile sets, so even though the stickers are somewhat difficult to find, they are not expensive. $3. ~ $5. each is pretty much normal. Like most sticker sets, the kids used them.............................as stickers! Amazing [wink]

You may have fun completing the set; from memory, I spent maybe 15 ~ 20 years on the Saladas; and still only have maybe half of the Sanitarium version, although I have completed the brown back version of the Sanitariums. From memory, I think I picked up a group of maybe 25 different to start the set, and then spent years to finish.

If these things had a "war" theme, they would be so pricey I could not collect them.

For some reason, most of the ones I found were in GB, not Canada???

Good luck with the set.

EDIT: My memory is failing! Just remembered that Shell Oil also used the artwork for the same set in New Zealand. Have not seen these sold individually, but found a complete set from a dealer many years ago.

Jon.

tsalem

Reply with quote  #5 
The link to the auction is not mine. In fact, I don't even have singles to this set. What I have are the unopened cello packs, got maybe 20 of them
Bill Christensen

Reply with quote  #6 
The art on this set looks like the same art used on the Signal Oil Automobile set. Jon will know for sure.
carbking

Reply with quote  #7 
Bill - Signal shares artwork with Oak and Parkhurst, not with Salada.

Jon.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.