Vintage Non-Sports Cards
Buy/Sell/Trade Vintage Baseball Links Gallery of Non-Sports Cards
Vintage Non-sports Forum

Author   Comment  
JOE
Reply with quote  #1 
QUESTIONING IF ALL THE CARDS SHOWN ARE FROM THE MAPLE LEAF SERIES.
BOTTOM OF PHOTOS ARE DIFFERENT NUMBERS AND SERIES. THE ONE TOP RIGHT
SHOWS JUST SAYS PARAMOUNT AND IS LIKE ON THINNER PAPER UNLIKE THE THICKER OTHERS.
WOULD LIKE ANY INFORMATION ANYONE CAN SUPPLY ME WITH. ALL WERE BOUGHT AS MAPLE LEAF.
THANKS!
SPARK929@YAHOO.COM

http://s1122.photobucket.com/user/spark9291/library/?sort=3&postlogin=true&page=1

ron
Reply with quote  #2 
non if these cards are Maple Leaf..They are Dutch gum cards..I would refer you to moviecards.com Troy Kirk has a great web site Go down to Dutch Gum and click on the Set that has your card number. (SET E) It will show a picture and check list..
JOE
Reply with quote  #3 
THANKS RON WILL TAKE YOUR ADVICE AND CHECK IT OUT.
Ken Bush
Reply with quote  #4 
Joe,

The link that Ron posted takes you to the wrong site. Drop the "s" go to

http://www.moviecard.com/

Ken
Troy Kirk
Reply with quote  #5 
Thanks for the kind words about my moviecard website. I actually don't know for sure the company that issued these cards. I would guess that Maple Leaf issued all of them, but I don't know for sure. The cards don't say the company name and the packaging I've seen for most of these doesn't say a company name either.

The Dutch Gum cards as a whole were mostly anonymous. They were issued in a bunch of countries with other names in other countries sometimes. Hellas in Finland, I've seen Dandy Gum on them, Cowboy Chewing Gum, REA Sweets, Maple Leaf on some. I think they were anonymous to make them easier to market in different countries and also maybe to hide their origins in case some actor wanted to sue them, as I don't really know if they were licensed at all. They suddenly stopped in the late 1970s, I would guess because licensing was becoming a bigger issue.

I think all started out as Maple Leaf, but there could be some that were copycats issued by others.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.