Vintage Non-Sports Cards
Buy/Sell/Trade Vintage Baseball Links Gallery of Non-Sports Cards
Vintage Non-sports Forum

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
1880nonsports

Reply with quote  #26 
Great score JB! Three different editor albums? I chased the editors banner after I was blown out of the Gymnastic exercises - which I really really really liked but couldn't justify (although I tried) and then backed off. I'M SUPPOSED TO BE DOWNSIZING at least a little with well over ONE HUNDRED framed pieces. Think the Gymnastic exercises might have been my friend Scott's once? In any event - I got "da birds" banner and the two ginter clevelands - I sold both of mine in a group lot to Chad (?) a while back. They are kind of drab and flat looking for the silk medium as is the mount but they go with the others I have so I guess that's why I did it.....

Reply with quote  #27 
No, not three different, just three copies. One of which I will frame, hopefully once things open back up around here, pretty rough in Mass. right now. Congrats on your new acquisitions, good deal on the banner. I also have run out of wall space and will have to rearrange this summer. The wife only gives me so much space for this nonsense!!

Reply with quote  #28 
I too lost out on the N112 set.

My "lone" win:

[item_67241_1_148656] 

"Be sure you are right, then go ahead."
David Crockett
vintagenonsportschat

Forum Administrator/Owner
Reply with quote  #29 
I got a single lot of the A&G cabinet lot of (3) which I surmise to be a board member's consignment.  Happy to add them to my collection.  I was bidding on a number of BB/NS lots but completely forgot to bid on Sunday evening.  I zoned out early after a couple of bourbons.  My checkbook thanks me.  Congrats on that Editors achievement Jerry.  That N35 set is no easy achievement.  I'm down to 10-12 cards all from the tougher high number 1/2 of the set.  They are particularly tough for some reason.

rhettyeakley

Reply with quote  #30 
I got the "1910-Era Nonsport and Boxing Card Collection" card lot mainly for the Fisher Candy and Reed Tobacco cards. Price was really cheap so I am happy. Bill outbid me on the N146's, I almost went for the 3 Cabinets but glad they ended up with Tom.
swarmee

Reply with quote  #31 
Solid breakup price for that Rhett.  You'll easily make your money back on the ones you decide to sell.  Sometimes those lots in Heritage/REA sell for $3-4K with similar makeups.  I should have bid to send the entire lot to COMC... ;-)

PSA: "Sometimes Get Cheated"
https://www.comc.com/Users/mjohnatgt,sr,i100 

insidethewrapper

Reply with quote  #32 
Picked up one of the Mars Attack sets from 1962 Topps. Happy about that. Also got a 1958 Topps TV Westerns Set Recently on ebay. Getting back into the Non-Sports Field.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.