Vintage Non-Sports Cards
Buy/Sell/Trade Vintage Baseball Links Gallery of Non-Sports Cards
Vintage Non-sports Forum

Author   Comment  
Alan Elefson
Reply with quote  #1 
Hi-
I recently acquired the R31 scanned below (I apologize for the poor scans) and I had a few questions regarding this set. When was this set issued (guessing 1930s)? Were both sets issued with the wrapper shown in the gallery? Did this company produce any additional sets? Any additional information regarding either of the R31 sets would be greatly appreciated. Please also show your cards! I would love to see the whole set.
Thanks in advance,
Alan Elefson
aelefson@hotmail.com

Mark
Reply with quote  #2 
http://www1.coe.neu.edu/~dan/R31/go.html
Mark
Reply with quote  #3 
from t'internet .

Tom Boblitt
Reply with quote  #4 
in my typecard collection. Will try to scan it tonite for you!
Chuck Ross
Reply with quote  #5 
I think I have one of each size and felt very fortunate to get that far with these. Very tough to find. I am afraid I don't know anything else about the set. A quick Google search seems to indicate they were at 74 Garden Street in Boston and that Phoebe Phelps may have been a suffragette and abolitionist in mid-1800s Boston.
jim
Reply with quote  #6 
My only phoebe item

Bill
Reply with quote  #7 
Sorry if the size is wrong. First time loading pictures.

Alan Elefson
Reply with quote  #8 
Hi-

Thank you everyone for your scans and information! Jim, your wrapper is different from the one pictured in the gallery. Any idea on the date of your wrapper? Thanks again for everyone's help.

Alan

jim
Reply with quote  #9 
Alen

The wrapper isn't related to the pennants, but might be part of its own set, who knows? circa 1940 I believe.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.