Vintage Non-Sports Cards
Buy/Sell/Trade Vintage Baseball Links Gallery of Non-Sports Cards
Vintage Non-sports Forum

Author   Comment  
Todd Riley
Reply with quote  #1 
Interesting!

I like these oddball food inserts. Occasionally modern food companies still insert cards in their products. Usually it ties in with a current movie or kid related TV show.

I tried to go to the listed website but it didn't come up. I also noticed the "Sell by" date on the candy was 7/31/10. I wonder if the company is still in business?

I few years back the US tobacco companies tried bringing back tobacco cards in their products. Over a dozen different series were made. They were all nicely done and some of them are quite scarce. I wonder if a hundred years from now there will be people looking for these?

Here are some samples that came from Doral cigarettes:

Here are ones that came from American Spirit cigarettes (much tougher):

Jon Hardgrove
Reply with quote  #2 
Google gives more information.

I did check the listed telephone number for the business, and it has been reassigned to an individual. The company probably no longer exists.

And Todd, I agree. I generally buy virtually any food product that has cards on the box, or inside, whether or not I use the product. Can remember giving away lots of Little Debbie cakes. The cakes are not on my diet (but cannot pass up the cards).

Jon.
Alan R. Moon
Reply with quote  #3 
My wife found this card in a chocolate bar the other day. I was surprised because I didn't know candy companies still included cards in their products. Do big companies (like Nestle or Hershey) include cards in any of their products today?

Alan

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.