Vintage Non-Sports Cards
Buy/Sell/Trade Vintage Baseball Links Gallery of Non-Sports Cards
Vintage Non-sports Forum

Author   Comment  
insidethewrapper

Reply with quote  #1 
I have seen advertised 2 magazines : The Wrapper and Non-Sport Update. Any opinions on these publications ? Anything else on the market ?  Worth the price ? Do they cater to new modern issues only, vintage issues, both etc.
MorrellMan

Reply with quote  #2 
I've only ever used NSU for the price guide; every once in a while there's an interesting (meaning not modern) article, but not worth the price of admission IMHO.  I think The Wrapper is the only periodical worth getting.

Reply with quote  #3 
I agree that The Wrapper is really the only NS publication of value.  It covers mostly vintage cards, but there is some newer stuff as well.  It's definitely worth the price... a reasonable $30 for 1 year (7 issues).

"Be sure you are right, then go ahead."
David Crockett
toppcat

Reply with quote  #4 
The Wrapper is easily the best of what is a small bunch but even if it was swimming in a far bigger Ocean it would still be king.

Visit my vintage Topps blog at: 
http://toppsarchives.blogspot.com/ Free Download of The Modern Hobby Guide to Topps Chewing Gum or softcover ordering details are here: http://themodernhobbyguide.blogspot.com/
MorrellMan

Reply with quote  #5 
I'm going to renew my subscription now.   I don't remember what I used to pay, but the $30 a year now covers the magazine with mailing IN AN ENVELOPE!  That's major, because my issue usually arrived mutilated.

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.