Vintage Non-Sports Cards
Buy/Sell/Trade Vintage Baseball Links Gallery of Non-Sports Cards
Vintage Non-sports Forum

Author   Comment  
wheatiesfanatic

Reply with quote  #1 
Could somebody please help me identify what series and year this card is from? It has the title "Sweet Caporal Little Cigars" at top and features a sepia picture of actress Anna Robinson. It has gold borders and would be a neat looking card if it had been better taken care of. The back is blank. It was originally included with a group of N-card sepia actresses. Anna Robinson was featured in a couple diff. N342 styles. She also acted in the early 1900's. So I figure the card is from the time period of the 1890's to early 1900's. If someone can narrow down the timeline that would be awesome. I could not find any info on this card in the Guide of American Tobacco Cards or on Todd's site. I do not have access to the ACC or WTI. Also, no luck on the internet. Thanks!  

I apologize for the picture coming out sideways. Not sure why that is happening as it is upright in my files.

MontyIMG_4883.jpg 

teza

Reply with quote  #2 
Hi Monty,

It's a T104 that has been applied (originally a wet transfer).

Anna Robinson is on the current checklist.

Jeff
wheatiesfanatic

Reply with quote  #3 
Thanks a lot Jeff. Very unusual series. Must be very difficult to find these as a complete card. I can’t imagine collectors back in the day were too thrilled to have a card with a reverse image, not to mention the fact that these were wet transfers to be put on a different surface. This explains the high prices these command. By the way, feel free to make me an offer on the Anna Robinson if anyone is interested.

Monty
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.