Vintage Non-Sports Cards
Buy/Sell/Trade Vintage Baseball Links Gallery of Non-Sports Cards
Vintage Non-sports Forum

Author   Comment  
autograp@gmail.com
Reply with quote  #1 
Bill Humphreys passed along to me an N9 error with back printing both rotated and off center and asked me to post it and ask if anyone else had any. Just so happens, I have a single one in my N9 collection. Mine is different though as it has back printing off center but it is printed in the correct orientation, so there must have been at least two different sheets of these that were screwed up and got out of the printing shop. I would be curious to find any that would have the FRONT off centered. Break out your N9 errors and post 'em if you got 'em.

Bills Card

Toms Card

tm
Reply with quote  #2 
A little late to the party for this one but my card is different from

Tom & Bill's. My "FLAGS OF ALL NATIONS" is straight across not in a

circular print. In fact I have about 7 that are printed like this. This

leads me to believe there were many printings of these cards. Also this being

the 1890's I'm sure the Printer had a few Kentucky Bourbons in him which led to

all the differences. I bet if we look hard enough we'll find many more changes.

(I don't know how to enlarge the card, maybe Tom can do it)

tm
Reply with quote  #3 
Since you have such a large collection of the N9s, I was wondering if you or anyone

else has the straight print of "Flags of all Nations" like the one I posted? Thank you.
tm
Reply with quote  #4 
Since you have such a large collection of the N9s, I was wondering if you or anyone

else has the straight print of "Flags of all Nations" like the one I posted? Thank you.
Alan Miley
Reply with quote  #5 
There are 2 Straight line variations. One has Virginia Brights on the front and the other does not. There are 48 cards in each variation.

teza

Reply with quote  #6 
Dusting off this old thread.  This might not technically be an error, but it is the first N9 that I have seen with an inverted backside print orientation row to row.  Any other examples out there?

Jeff

N9 Inverted Back r.jpg    

MorrellMan

Reply with quote  #7 
There are so many variations - 58 cards is a full set to me, but I think a master set has 291 cards.

img1764.jpg  img1765.jpg 

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.