Vintage Non-Sports Cards
Buy/Sell/Trade Vintage Baseball Links Gallery of Non-Sports Cards
Vintage Non-sports Forum

Author   Comment  
fallbrookjack

Reply with quote  #1 
Two cards are of equal interest to me.  One is a "buy it now" for $25, the other is a "buy it now" for $25 or best offer.  I buy the first card and put in an offer of $20 for the other.  I consider an offer of 80% of asking price to be a very generous offer.  My offer is declined.  I will not "buy it now" or put in another offer on the second card.  I just don't want to deal with this seller.  Am I being unreasonable?  - Jack J.
lcummins

Reply with quote  #2 
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallbrookjack
Two cards are of equal interest to me.  One is a "buy it now" for $25, the other is a "buy it now" for $25 or best offer.  I buy the first card and put in an offer of $20 for the other.  I consider an offer of 80% of asking price to be a very generous offer.  My offer is declined.  I will not "buy it now" or put in another offer on the second card.  I just don't want to deal with this seller.  Am I being unreasonable?  - Jack J.

I don’t know what some sellers are thinking on make offers. I’ve had two occasions where an item was $19.99 and another was $29.99. I made offers of $15 on the first and $20 on the second, which I thought were fair, although I figured there might be a counter offer on the second one. The seller countered with $20 on the first and $30 on the second!!! A penny more than the BIN amounts! If they didn’t want offers, then why offer it?

Jack, I think your offer was very fair. To me, the seller should always offer a counter offer, not just decline. At least that way you know what they are really looking for.

Reply with quote  #3 
Trying to figure out what is in another person's mind - is a losing game..

I know this from thirty-seven years of marriage..

The downfall is that rational people think of rational reasons why something should or should not happen and then ask themselves why are these actions are not happening..

Don't do it..
non-sports daniel

Reply with quote  #4 
Well spoken Marty
moviecard

Reply with quote  #5 
Sometimes ebay auctions without Best Offers automatically flip on to Best Offer after the auction relists. I've had that happen to auctions that I did not intend to have at Best Offer, I just don't use ebay that much anymore. Because of that, I wouldn't blacklist someone over this issue. If legitimate Best Offer has been put on the item, I can agree with your viewpoint on this.
MorrellMan

Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 030190
Trying to figure out what is in another person's mind - is a losing game..

I know this from thirty-seven years of marriage..

The downfall is that rational people think of rational reasons why something should or should not happen and then ask themselves why are these actions are not happening..

Don't do it..

This is a wise man.

Reply with quote  #7 
All I know is that it pis*es me off and they lose a buyer.  If Ebay is doing it to them then shame on Ebay.  But then, when did Ebay care if it creates a problem between buyer and seller.  - Jack J.
bvb5366

Reply with quote  #8 
JacK: Ebay consistently places "best Offer" on my items that have been there too long for their tastes. I usually take them off, but sometimes I forget or I am not in the mood to go through the hassle it takes to get it off. Based on your feelings, I think I will have to get rid of those that I really do not want to have "best offer" on them. Why make a potential customer angry?

Of course it is not always ebay at fault. I saw something I liked with a best offer label and made an 80% offer. The guy answered with a minor drop. I said "no thank you" and forgot about it. That was until ebay decided to let mw know that I had been interested in the item but lost out on it. Ebay mentioned the selling price- which was a best offer- that was $10 LESS than what I had offered. 

Reply with quote  #9 
I guess the answer is that we can only control what we can control ... and sometimes that doesn't even work.  I'm starting to sound all philosophical ... like my buddy Marty.  - Jack J.

Reply with quote  #10 
Jack: My weekly rates are very reasonable..
fallbrookjack

Reply with quote  #11 
I can imagine, Master Krim.  - JJ
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.