Vintage Non-Sports Cards
Buy/Sell/Trade Vintage Baseball Links Gallery of Non-Sports Cards
Vintage Non-sports Forum

Author   Comment  
Mark_Medlin

Reply with quote  #1 

Hello all. I am in a large stalemate on most of the sets I am working on. To fill the gaps and continue receiving packaging in my quest to keep usps in cash flow, I am thinking of pursuing some ogdens cards. However, I have no knowledge of foreign issues. Is there an informative book like the Forbes non sport book or the old judge baseball book for these issues? Any help is appreciated. 

mark

Reply with quote  #2 
Mark,

There's a great reference book on Ogden cards (CRB115), published by Cartophilic Society of GB, available for £34 (overseas), or £21 (overseas) if you join the CSGB as a member. 

https://www.card-world.co.uk/the-cigarette-card-issues-of-ogdens-ltd/

For indicative prices you can look at the Murray's guide or the LCCCo guide. Later this year we'll be celebrating the '50th edition' (available for c.50 years) of Martin's card values guide, an incredible series. The guide is now updated every 2 years by Paul Lynch with help from Martin. The 2018/19 edition is available from Paul at this link here:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MURRAYS-CARD-VALUES-2019-Cigarette-Trade-Gum-Tea-cards-5-98-POSTAGE/313074681556?hash=item48e4b486d4:g:IlwAAOSw6XJa4K1k

Ogdens.jpg 

murrays.jpg 

Mark_Medlin

Reply with quote  #3 
Thanks Tim, just bought a copy!

Forum Administrator/Owner
Reply with quote  #4 
Mark....not sure if you know Anson Whaley who does prewardcards.com or some site like that but I know he's started collecting Ogden's Guinea gold cards over the last couple years.  He might be a good contact to see how he started and to get any groups of the cards.  

FrenchQuarterCards

Reply with quote  #5 
Hi Mark,

COMC is flooded with 1000's of British Tobacco cards, including nearly 300 Ogden's.

Rick
Mark_Medlin

Reply with quote  #6 

Thanks for the info gents. 

mark

Reply with quote  #7 
Mark, for some time already I,m collecting UK cards, like Lambert&Butler and Players. Mostly I'm using Murray's catalogue to find different issues info BUT not the price. Based on my experience, almost always you will be able to buy cards in excellent condition around 30-50% off from what catalogue state.

Ilya   
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.