Vintage Non-Sports Cards
Buy/Sell/Trade Vintage Baseball Links Gallery of Non-Sports Cards
Vintage Non-sports Forum

Author   Comment  
joshleland

Reply with quote  #1 

In case you are not aware our current auction is up and running

The auction closes Friday December 6 at 10pm EST. We utilize a lot by lot close so it should all be over not too late.

Here is a link to the non-sports section

https://auction.lelands.com/lots/gallery?category=401

Let me know if you would like a free catalogue, I would be happy to send you one free of charge. It is also filled with nearly 2,000 lots of fine sports and pop culture collectibles.

This is our best effort in years and there are 128 lots of non-sports with some very cool stuff. There are many nice complete sets from the 19th century to the 1960s, original card art, unopened packs and boxes, and much more. Much is fresh to the hobby from old hobby friends who have been around since the dawn of time!

Some of the highlights include:

Some amazing original art from the 1936 R39 Daredevils, 1934 R136 Sky Birds (“Wild Bill” Wellman)

Early tobacco complete sets for N114 Histories of Generals, 1888 N15 Allen & Gunter Great Generals, 1888 N87 Duke’s Shadows, and more. Plus, complete and near complete sets of Horrors of War, 1940 R145 Gum Inc Superman, some real high grade 1962 Topps Mars Attacks, Hopalong Cassidy Master Set and more.

Outstanding unusual offerings are there with a beautiful 1888 G22 World’s Decorations advertising poster, complete run of Arm & Hammer “Birds” sets (all in one lot), uncut sheets for X-Ray Roundup, 1933 R142 Goudey Soldier Boys, and even a 1935 R89 Gum Inc Mickey Mouse (love it!).

There are some amazing unopened packs such as 1957 Topps Space, a rare 1956 Elvis Presley cello, 1957 Topps Hit Stars and some nice full boxes including 1965 Fleer McHale’s Navy, and the first few Star Wars series.

There is an outstanding collection of rare empty boxes such as Hopalong Cassidy, 1957 Topps Space, two different Davy Crockett’s, 1959 Topps Fabian (tough one), 1962 Topps Superman Tattoos, 1957 Topps Hit Stars, and a lot more.

Also, I am branching out beyond my full unopened boxes to non-sports TYPE CARDS. I just bought a huge collection of type cards from the 19th century and 20th century from an old-time collector.

IMG_1685.jpg  There are probably a couple of thousand different as shown here, if any of you have anything rare or interesting please let me know. I will buy complete collections. I am looking for the rarest of the rare as well as anything I don’t have such as test issues, 19th century and especially anything unusual.

Most wanted is a Marquis of Lorne, let me know if you have one.

Reply with quote  #2 
Josh,
Lots of neat stuff! One thing I noticed is your lot #931 is NOT N114(cards) but is in fact N78(booklets). Maybe you can fix that.

Reply with quote  #3 
Whoa, Josh! For a type card collection, that's an amazing start! A "Crime Did Not Pay," Federal Sales "War Series" and two "Smilin' Jack" candy box pieces in one blow! We should all be so lucky....
wdmullins

Reply with quote  #4 
I see that lot 1003 came from Chris Benjamin.  I used to correspond with him regularly, and he dragooned me into writing for Non-Sport Update for a while.  I think he and the Tosers had a disagreement, and he left the magazine, and I haven't really heard anything from or about him since.  I've often wondered if he was still active in cards.  Chris, if you see this, Hello!
joshleland

Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by non-sport.com
Josh,
Lots of neat stuff! One thing I noticed is your lot #931 is NOT N114(cards) but is in fact N78(booklets). Maybe you can fix that.

Todd will do
Thanks so much for the input
some auctioneers hate that but I love it 
Hobby knowledge
Josh

Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRhodes
Whoa, Josh! For a type card collection, that's an amazing start! A "Crime Did Not Pay," Federal Sales "War Series" and two "Smilin' Jack" candy box pieces in one blow! We should all be so lucky....

Thank you so much
It was not cheap so its always nice to have some positive reinforcement
It has been a blast going through it 
The Canadian stuff I found very interesting 
Josh

Reply with quote  #7 
Josh - Maybe when you get the collection all sorted out, you can share some of the rarest cards with us.  It looks like an incredible accumulation.  - Jack J.
joshleland

Reply with quote  #8 
I would really like to do that 
Stay tuned
Josh

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.