Vintage Non-Sports Cards
Buy/Sell/Trade Vintage Baseball Links Gallery of Non-Sports Cards
Vintage Non-sports Forum

Author   Comment  
GregG
Reply with quote  #1 
Maybe not so lucky to win one of these...., it will be interesting to hold and look at. Thanks for the information
GregG
Reply with quote  #2 
I was lucky enough to be high bidder on a Kinney bros. glass photo plate. The seller sold 2 others - perhaps one of you bought them? I will post pictures when I receive the item. Has anyone seen these before and or know what they would have been used for?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120757274153&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT
DJR
Reply with quote  #3 
I saw those but decided not to bid because they simply looked like someone took pictures (on glass) of the originals.
Anonymous
Reply with quote  #4 
I was originally excited over these, but now I agree with David. I wouldn't say these are fraud, but they don't appear to be part of the printing process since 1) the negatives show cards that have corner tears, and 2) the plate size is 5x7 when the cards are 8x10.

It appears as though someone took pictures of cards using an old plate process. I assume they are old since the materials are likely very expensive or hard to find today.

He had 2 auctions last week and 2 this week. More to come?
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.