Vintage Non-Sports Cards
Buy/Sell/Trade Vintage Baseball Links Gallery of Non-Sports Cards
Vintage Non-sports Forum

Author   Comment  
Docsdrillers

Reply with quote  #1 
Tom

My apologies if this violates protocol but what i loved with the old site is the ability to vent and save expensive Psychiatric treatment.

So i sell a Newbie 2 Monty High Chaparral packs and even though the title says unopened pack i write in the description that this issue as with many others are manufactured with one side open.

This is the message i get from the Buyer who can neither read nor has an ounce of decency to behave like a normal human being...just curious how you would deal with this type of Illiterate Bully?

"Ok, your ad read unopen packs. I just received my order of 2 packs. Both packs are in a plastic sleeve that is not cut. When I opened the plastic sleeve I found that both packs have been sliced
open on one end. 3 cards in each pack that look very cherry picked. Now I do not know if this is on pupose but I'm letting you know right now something better be done to make this right.
Your turn!"

i calmly explained a) he should have read this description and those of the 7 other Monty products i have for sale.
b) i send him links of 3 other sellers asking more than my price who also explain the pack is open on one side
c) my final message;;you clearly didn't read the description and acted as a threatening Bull but if you still aren't satisfied feel free to send them back for a full refund.

This last part to make sure that if he gives me negatives i can call ebay and have them removed for violating the rules of giving negatives especially when offered a full refund..

Any thought?
By the way i sold my packs at 6.99 way below the other two sellers at 9.99 and 19.99.

boxingcardman

Reply with quote  #2 
Refund, block him, out the miscreant here so we can block him too. Life's too short to sweat $7 dealings with idiots. 
We can be heroes, just for one day
Judge a man by how he treats someone who can do nothing for him--Nick Charles
http://www.americasgreatboxingcards.com
Docsdrillers

Reply with quote  #3 
When you meet a Bully you stand up to him and kill him with kindness.

Typically i'd say keep the packs and i'll send you a full refund.

But his approach was so maddening that i offered him a refund if he sent them back..i didn't give a crap about getting them back but just didn't feel like making it easy for him.

He backed down and all is good now.

Which brings up a second question as to how you guys deal with this scenario.

I have an item for sale at 975.00 BIN with offer and a genius offers me 5.00...that generally gets my blood boiling and on occasion i say something like "very interesting bargaining technique,,i'm sure it really endears you to Sellers.
or b) counteroffer 974.99๐Ÿ˜‰.

c) i meekly chose to just decline the offer.

MorrellMan

Reply with quote  #4 
Doc - although the buyer obviously did himself no favor by not reading and understanding the offering, I don't see where he was bullying or being abusive.  He stated the facts of his observation and, without resorting to insults or expletives, turned the discussion over to you.   Given that he thought he'd been screwed, his note to you was pretty tame.  Not sure he deserved your wrath, although it certainly is frustrating when your careful item description is not read.

Reply with quote  #5 
Appreciate your point of view but not sure how you can interpret the words; as not threatening.

"3 cards in each pack that look very cherry picked. Now I do not know if this is on pupose but I'm letting you know right now something better be done to make this right.
Your turn!"

When someone say you better do something right now and then uses the term "Your turn" with an exclamation mark...that is not someone politely asking you to comment on the situation.

When i receive something that wasn't as i expected i say.."package arrived safely today..thanks..However i must  say that im a bit disappointed in the quality of the item ..you mentioned the postcards were like new in the album but 75 out of the 300 have paper residue glued onto the back...please lmk how we can rectify this situation to both our satisfaction"

That is a situation where i could have gone Rangy on the guy and threatened him to make things right and that he tried to deceive me etc...but as a reasonable person i know that dealing with the person in a respectful manner and tone are more likely to endear me to him and getting a better positive outcome.

I don't need to be threatened and bullied for 12.00 with the implication i tried to rip him off by cherry picking cards or duping him...

So i'm sorry but i disagree with your assessment on his wording or intent..

I'm a little puzzled by where you find wrath in my response to him.
I wrote i "calmy" explained things to him...i used no expletives,no capitol letters to indicate i'm shouting at him but merely educated him on how the product was made providing similar links.

Odd you find Wrath in my response but see nothing wrong with his..

vintagenonsportschat

Forum Administrator/Owner
Reply with quote  #6 
On the original issue, when I see the phrase "something better be done to make this right."  I think that takes it up a notch.  Followed by "Your Turn", it's pretty obvious the guy is pissed.  And, ultimately, his fault for not reading the description.  Good that it's solved though.

On the other one, I'd offer the 974.99 or 970 or something equally reasonable as the original offer.

Docsdrillers

Reply with quote  #7 
Tom

I interpreted his tone exactly as you did.

So here's a follow up..it seems things weren't amicably resolved despite my offering him a full refund.

Woke up today to find he posted a negative feedback which i'm almost 1000% certain will be removed by ebay.
He violated the rules and protocols for use of a negative..as a seller when we offer a full refund we make the situation whole ..we can't do more.

so as requested this is the Buyer and Sellers BEWARE of this person who just joined ebay Sept 23/2019....ststra_60

I was typing this as i was talking to an ebay rep..so another update..The Negative has been removed.

However the buyer can still open a case to get his full refund..Man i'll be pissed if i have to still refund this Jerk after the way he behaved.๐Ÿ˜‰..

This was my response to his negative knowing full well it will be removed;

Your behavior is like a petulant child who acts as a bully and threatens a seller.Sadly since you are new to ebay your negative will be removed as you violated all the rules about use of a negative feedback.Ebay protects you the buyer had you gone through the proper protocols..On top of that you were offered a full refund.

You just can't grasp that you failed to read the description and failed to realize that this is how they are made as shown to you with several links to other sellers of the same item.

So instead of accepting blame and still being offered a full refund you lash out with your version of a tantrum.

shame on you.

boxingcardman

Reply with quote  #8 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Docsdrillers
When you meet a Bully you stand up to him and kill him with kindness.

Typically i'd say keep the packs and i'll send you a full refund.

But his approach was so maddening that i offered him a refund if he sent them back..i didn't give a crap about getting them back but just didn't feel like making it easy for him.

He backed down and all is good now.

Which brings up a second question as to how you guys deal with this scenario.

I have an item for sale at 975.00 BIN with offer and a genius offers me 5.00...that generally gets my blood boiling and on occasion i say something like "very interesting bargaining technique,,i'm sure it really endears you to Sellers.
or b) counteroffer 974.99๐Ÿ˜‰.

c) i meekly chose to just decline the offer.

Establish a floor below which offers are automatically rejected so you never even have to deal with these shmucks.  I do this when creating my BIN with Best Offer listings.  My listings all say this:

"...when I use the Best Offer option I am actually looking for reasonable offers, so don't hesitate to make a reasonable offer because you never know...  That said, please note that I nearly always put an automatic rejection floor on any listing where I use a best offer option.  That means that lowball offers are automatically rejected; I never even see them.  If your offer is below the automatic rejection floor I have established, it means I am not interested in selling the item for your offer.  Not that I don't respect you, not that I am offended, just that your offer is too low..."

I had one guy who PM'd me a lowball offer anyway, I responded with this, he called me names, and I told him I'd rather destroy the item than sell it to him and blocked his ID.  

Reply with quote  #9 
Interesting reading and thanks for posting..

One option: Why get emotionally involved with these people that you do not know, have never met and will not meet..

If unable to do that...another option is:
Let's say your BIN price is $500 and your very lowest acceptable price is $400..Tell ebay to
automatically reject any offers below $400 - ergo, you will not have to even see any unacceptable offers - that rile you up..

Of course this unasked for advice is easy for someone my age, with no testosterone remaining..
Docsdrillers

Reply with quote  #10 
You make too much sense๐Ÿ˜‰  what's the fun in that..

Life is about the study of every day Human Nature and learning from different characters.

As i mentioned earlier this Forum has saved me tons of money in Psychiatric treatment by allowing me to vent with my fellow collectors who have similar experiences.

On the rare occasion those low ball offers were a secret code by someone who knew me from past dealings but lost my contact info..i guess he was hoping i'd have his info to conclude a more favourable deal off the Big Brother site.

I'm curious how you deal with 8 calls a day from Duct Cleaning calls to your house at all hours..not sure if that exists in the States or just a Canadian phenomenon.

It's kind of the same thing..by sharing i've heard of so many neat ways to play with these guys rather than the F off technique which i never use๐Ÿ˜‰
JRhodes

Reply with quote  #11 
Quote:
just a Canadian phenomenon.

"We've been trying tor each you about your Zamboni's extended warranty...."
Docsdrillers

Reply with quote  #12 
Now that's a call i would have taken๐Ÿ˜‰

Try this one; i asked the Duct cleaning guy how often should i get my ducts cleaned ..he says 1-2 /year.
So naturally i asked;" then why do you call me every day"
carbking

Reply with quote  #13 
If its a robot, good luck.

If its a human, the best way to get off his list is to waste his time. Tell him you have no ducks, and your geese bathe daily. [wink]

As to the BIN, make offer, and floor:

We sometimes will make an offer, but if a 90 percent offer is automatically rejected, then the item is deleted, and the vendor goes on our list of vendors to ignore, permanently.

Jon.

If you think "one size fits all" - try walking a mile in your spouse's shoes!
Docsdrillers

Reply with quote  #14 
Love the Ducks line which i've used on many occasions.

Update on my communication with that deadbeat(i'm being kind) buyer after he found out that his negative was removed...please keep in mind that a full refund was offered and is still on the table despite the abuse i get from him.

him; Your just the kind of person that gives ebay a bad name. I see right through your scam. Anyway to turn a buck.

Me;How is it a scam when I offered you a full refund..

I just issued you a full refund despite acting like a complete jerk know it all who has been on eBay less than 2 months.
Iโ€™ve run a successful dental office for 33 years and 21 years on eBay and you the all knowing Wizard have it all figured out.
Keep the cards,enjoy your refund ..learn to admit when you are wrong.
Look at my last 4 feedback..all Monty packs produced like yours with the same description and people are thrilled.

Him; he had to get the last word;

You offered a refund because you know what you have done is extremely unethicle and you are trying to cover it up by sending money back. You need to change your behavier and stop taking advantage of people with false advertising.

Man i wanted to take that refund back so badly..i gave it to him without him ever asking for it because i hate to see a grown man cry especially over 12.00.

No thanks,no apology,no retrspection that maybe despite all the proof i sent him that he was even 1% wrong๐Ÿ˜‰

MorrellMan

Reply with quote  #15 
Quote:
Appreciate your point of view but not sure how you can interpret the words as not threatening.

"3 cards in each pack that look very cherry picked. Now I do not know if this is on purpose but I'm letting you know right now something better be done to make this right.
Your turn!"

Loud and clear.  I look at email, PMs, texts, etc. a little differently.  I think these keyboard blurts are a relatively new method of communication and I don't think it's a form that many are capable of utilizing without pissing off people - so I give most a break.  Unless there's profanity, personal assaults or the like, I just assume that the communicator is using restraint.  Just helps keep me sane.  If I popped at every message that didn't sound the way I want to be talked to, I would go insane in very little time.

Reply with quote  #16 
"You offered a refund because you know what you have done is extremely unethicle"

Your response to this should be:

"The word you are struggling with is 'unethical'.  Put down the Cheetos, turn off Wheel, skip a dose of your Oxy, and get a life."

Docsdrillers

Reply with quote  #17 
Thanks for my smile of the day๐Ÿ˜‰
1880nonsports

Reply with quote  #18 
As Marty said (so reasonable I suspect it might have been his wife) - life too short for this crap. I let this stuff get to me all the time on the 'Bay at the poker table on the phone and chatting with support in most situations. It can be like road rage. Not healthy.

Reply with quote  #19 
Want to know frustration?? For the THIRD time in my 20+ years on feebay I made a deal today to buy something a seller had listed and from the time they said they were going to close the listing and relist at our AGREED upon price - literally under half an hour and in one of the other cases 5 minutes!??!? someone else clicked the new buy it now. THREE TIMES it's happened! I guess after the first it's on me? Very upset but in light of the world I am now living in I should let it go. Bigger problems on the horizon. Just eats at me though :-)

corrected verb structure - ex teacher :-)

Reply with quote  #20 
I'm sure some of you guys have read this before ~ but in case some haven't, here's the greatest response to a crank I can remember.  https://deadspin.com/the-greatest-letter-ever-printed-on-nfl-team-letterhead-5716038

bvb5366

Reply with quote  #21 
Doc: this may help to explain ebay buyers like the one you had to deal with. Image (3).jpg

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.