Vintage Non-Sports Cards
Buy/Sell/Trade Vintage Baseball Links Gallery of Non-Sports Cards
Vintage Non-sports Forum

Author   Comment  
BigBlock396

Reply with quote  #1 
I know that this is likely not the right place to ask this. But I know a lot of the collectors here are also members of the net54baseball site.For the last few day I have not been able to get onto the site. It started a couple weeks ago.I always went on the site with Firefox and that failed so I started using google chrome and on Wed. that failed as well. So now that is two search engines that have failed. Just wondering if anyone else is have such issues.Thanks.
tim_uk

Reply with quote  #2 
I'm not a regular visitor, but I can't reach the net54baseball forum either. I'm using Microsoft Edge. When I try I receive a message "HTTP error 503. The service is unavailable" or a security warning blocking me from going any further.

On the 503 error, Google suggests:
This is usually due to the server being “down” for scheduled maintenance, or due to a heavy load of traffic that is preventing it from properly serving all incoming requests.

vintagenonsportschat

Forum Administrator/Owner
Reply with quote  #3 
Yeah.....Leon has been having problems but only since about Wednesday or Thursday.  I think he had a DB break down and lost some posts from about noon-4pm on either Wednesday or Thursday this week.  He tried to retrieve/fix that and I think it caused some more problems.  So he had noted that they would be upgrading/migrating the the newer version of their software.

A difference between his site and this site is that his software is loaded onto a server and he takes care (or has someone to) of all the upgrades/issues/etc with the DB and software.  This site is an online site maintained by websitetoolbox.com and we just have some space on their server so any software upgrades are across their system and ongoing.  There have been some times we are down for a few minutes to an hour or two but generally this site has been stable since Bill Cornell helped me migrate it from network54.com to websitetoolbox.com.  

Hopefully Leon will have Net54 up relatively soon or within the weekend.  
1880nonsports

Reply with quote  #4 
Was responding but our fearless leader is on the ball....

Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagenonsportschat
Yeah.....Leon has been having problems but only since about Wednesday or Thursday.  I think he had a DB break down and lost some posts from about noon-4pm on either Wednesday or Thursday this week.  He tried to retrieve/fix that and I think it caused some more problems.  So he had noted that they would be upgrading/migrating the the newer version of their software.

A difference between his site and this site is that his software is loaded onto a server and he takes care (or has someone to) of all the upgrades/issues/etc with the DB and software.  This site is an online site maintained by websitetoolbox.com and we just have some space on their server so any software upgrades are across their system and ongoing.  There have been some times we are down for a few minutes to an hour or two but generally this site has been stable since Bill Cornell helped me migrate it from network54.com to websitetoolbox.com.  

Hopefully Leon will have Net54 up relatively soon or within the weekend.  

That is great.As long as I know it is not my inability to operate a computer.Thanks.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.