Vintage Non-Sports Cards
Buy/Sell/Trade Vintage Baseball Links Gallery of Non-Sports Cards
Vintage Non-sports Forum

Author   Comment  
1880nonsports

Reply with quote  #1 
on two lots - large ginter N43 lot and ginter goodwin lot. I only need a few of the cards but willing to bid the lots to get them. Whatever happens - high bidder at the end or not - I'm willing to partner before, buy the cards I need from the winner, or as the winner sell them the cards I don't need at a discount. If I DO win the lots and haven't found some sort of partner - I'll be listing them on the 'Bay. Have at it....

Reply with quote  #2 
OK that took all of 5 minutes. Just like the Seinfeld episode - although I'm no Cosmo - I'm out! Well of one lot anyway unless I start smoking and drinking in excess again. Don't they see all the back damage? :-) I promise to overpay in kind for the few I need if the winner seeks me out [smile]

Reply with quote  #3 
So don't leave us in suspense... what happened? Were you have to get them from the winner or not? (And were you able to keep your home to do it?)

Reply with quote  #4 
OK :-) I ended up the under bidder on one lot and 3 or 4 below on the other lot. I think I mentioned I was out as fast as Kramer in the great masturbation episode. Anyway I didn't think winning a lot of 20+ cards just for 2 common cards (for the issue) in low grade made a lot of sense (but I still took a shot). Eventually they will appear again. As for the other lot of 21 - I went to my max twice :-) and ended up under bidder - as I slept the closing while playing poker. It turns out the winner is a really nice member here (yeaaaaaaaaa) who contacted me (yeaaaaaaaaa) and is willing to sell me a card from the lot I've been searching for. It actually will help me put the better set to bed if it works out - leaving me to upgrade here and there or not - I would like to upgrade my Ewing from good to vg/x but it's been a longggggg journey reaching the top of the mountain so maybe time to catch my breath.

Reply with quote  #5 
Quote Hannibal Smith - "I love it when a plan comes together!". End Quote

Glad it worked out for you.

Jon.

If you think "one size fits all" - try walking a mile in your spouse's shoes!
tm

Reply with quote  #6 
CONGRATS HENRY ON GETTING AT LEAST UNO CARD THAT YOU HAVE BEEN SEARCHING
FOR SEEMS LIKE FOREVER.  WELL I AM VERY CURIOUS ON WHAT YOU WERE ABLE TO GET.
I HAVE AN IDEA, BUT I AM PROBABLY WRONG. WOULD YOU PLEASE POST WHAT YOU WERE
ABLE TO FILL OR EMAIL ME.  I AM ALWAYS HAPPY WHEN FRIENDS ARE ABLE TO FILL HOLES
IN THEIR COLLECTION. YOU ARE CERTAINLY DESERVING OF YOUR TRUE PICK UPS AS YOUR
SEARCHES USUALLY LAST A WHILE.
THANKS,   TED M
1880nonsports

Reply with quote  #7 
Good to see you well enuff to participate ted. It's an N43 Edwards - assuming it all goes well. More than once something has gotten in the way - anything can happen. I lost the last card to the N360 set when a homeless man who washed himself in my community outside my unit reached into my screened open window and grabbed it off my desk. 2 years to find another.

Reply with quote  #8 
Mr. Moses: I am sure that your last post was completely serious. However, on this board, that story could provide a perfect lead-in into a thread about "the weirdest thing that has happened to me in my card collecting."

Reply with quote  #9 
Thank you for your kind words Henry.  I am well on my way back to life in the fast (I mean
slower) lane.  Conrgrats on the Edwards pick up.  That is a tough one, but as we know until
it is in your hands any thing is possible.  I think I know who you are getting it from & I would not worry. 
My best always to you & your wife. ted
1880nonsports

Reply with quote  #10 
Joe - unfortunately NOT my weirdest story..... If time permits I'll post a couple on Ted's thread.

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.