Vintage Non-Sports Cards
Buy/Sell/Trade Vintage Baseball Links Gallery of Non-Sports Cards
Vintage Non-sports Forum

Author   Comment  

Reply with quote  #1 
I really botched Tom’s auction as I did read TWICE that the closing time was 8PM..

And even though I read it twice in my addled brain I twisted it in MY mind - that 8PM was the last time you could BID on any item..If you decided you wanted to bid on an item for the first time AFTER 8PM - NO LUCK..

So I waited until 10:45 PM to get ready to UP my bids on the seven or eight lots of major interest to me..

Debby was standing behind me looking at the screen as I told her ’THIS LOT’ I REALLY WANT !!

She looked at me pitifully and said that the AUCTION IS ALL OVER -

I told her she was crazy..

Will you L O OK at the right hand column - it all reads LOT CLOSED..

Another fine mess I got myself into..
----------------------------------------------------------
Here are the lots of interest to me on around half of them I would be happy with only a single card...So if any of the winners purchase any lot with the intention of making a
profit the....I AM YOUR HUCKLEBERRY..
----------------------------------------------

I can always be reached at : martykrim@gmail.com

non-sport.com

Reply with quote  #2 
Marty,
If I'd only known you were going to botch it so badly, I would have bid on more things!

Reply with quote  #3 
Ahhh..

Always MR SYMPATHY..

Thanks Todd..
MorrellMan

Reply with quote  #4 
I did the same thing Marty - I get minutely reminders to join some ultimately useless sales seminar, but have nothing set up to remind me to bid on auctions.

Reply with quote  #5 
I'm on the screw-up list.  I was very interested in the Dressed Zoo Animals Elephant bread card, but thought I'd bid at the last minute.  I got Tom's auction closing email at 5:15, plenty of time to bid.  Uh Oh, I'm on Pacific Time.  The lot that contained the card went for the minimum $10 bid.  You snooze.......Jack Jzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
JRhodes

Reply with quote  #6 
Wow, we all really screwed up this time! I missed the notice that I had been outbid on the McLean Treasure Chest candy box and ended up losing that.

Maybe in the interest of harmony and mental stability, we should all just give our winnings back to Tom and everyone can place the bids in October that they meant to place last Sunday.

Nah....
Crockettfan

Reply with quote  #7 
Yes another screw up here.

I was primed to up my bids on a number of lots...clocked in at 8:30 PM and found that I was out of luck.

"Be sure you are right, then go ahead."
David Crockett
carbking

Reply with quote  #8 
I feel so badly for all you snipers [wink]

Perhaps you each could petition Tom to call all of the underbidders a few minutes before each auction ended! [tongue]

Jon

If you think "one size fits all" - try walking a mile in your spouse's shoes!
forbesrs

Reply with quote  #9 
Those of us on the West Coast have an advantage in these auctions. A 5 PM PST close is still early for me but an 8 PM EST close is way past an old guy like Marty's bedtime. I recommend that the auction close at 5 PM eastern time so that Marty will still be awake, even with extended bidding. As far as actually making bids before instead of after the auction closes, well I can't help Marty on that one...

Bob

Reply with quote  #10 
Stop with all the biggie backing of MY THREAD..

No one comes close to me...IN QUANTITY !!

I will say that I was thrilled that a kind hearted (Not TODD) chat-liner will be providing me with one of the cards I was seeking..
1880nonsports

Reply with quote  #11 
hmmmm. I thought quantity was for anyone but quality for a certain few....

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.