Vintage Non-Sports Cards
Buy/Sell/Trade Vintage Baseball Links Gallery of Non-Sports Cards
Vintage Non-sports Forum

Author   Comment  
fallbrookjack

Reply with quote  #1 
Does this bread card have an ACC Index number ... others in the set?  It is 4 7/8 inches by 2 3/4 inches.  It is a cross promotion between a bread company and a local theater.  Any information would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance.  - Jack J.

Buster Brown Bread card 001.jpg 
Buster Brown Bread card 002.jpg

Michael Monahan

Reply with quote  #2 
Can't help, but would love to have one in my collection!
forbesrs

Reply with quote  #3 
This might fit in the "Theatre Issues " section in the ACC ("UT" designation). I've not done much study of theater cards but this card fits the general description. I don't see a specific listing besides UT12 where the card might fit (other than the size measurement which is different). I think that UT12 was Burdick's catch-all listing but not positive. Bob
moviecard

Reply with quote  #4 
Burdick's UT section for Theatre cards contains 18 listings. My Moviecard Website has 96 Theatre card listings just for movie star card sets and I am sure I am nowhere close to getting them all listed. My listings don't count theatre baseball card giveways and any other cards subjects that were given out at theatres, though I think movie stars were the main subjects of these cards. 

This type of card was issued at one movie theatre in one city or a small group of theatres in a city or area, so I consider every set to be rare. We are in a much better position today to document these issues than Burdick was with his small group of collecting cohorts. 

I'm usually surprised when Burdick has a listing for card sets like these. The ACC is definitely not the last word on Theatre sets. 

That's a cool card that Jack is showing. I don't think I've seen it or have it listed yet on my site. 
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.