Vintage Non-Sports Cards
Buy/Sell/Trade Vintage Baseball Links Gallery of Non-Sports Cards
Vintage Non-sports Forum

Author   Comment  
LHIPKINS

Reply with quote  #1 
Hello,  I won this card of Myrna Loy with the head die-cut so that the card can be folded back to stand I assume.  Does anyone have any info on these.  I searched all the anonymous cards listed on Troy's site and found nothing.  I am attaching pictures of my card and tohers that were listed.  The seller is a Brit, I believe, located in Thailand.  The cards are blank backed and measure 3 1/4" x 5 1/4".  I sent an email to Troy's site but not sure whether he got it.  Would like to know issuer and date of issue, if possible. BUCK JONES.jpg  ERROL FLYNN.jpg  JOAN BLONDELL.jpg  MYRNA LOY.jpg  BACK.jpg
moviecard

Reply with quote  #2 
I answered that email, maybe it went into your spam folder, sorry to hear you didn't get it. That set is from Amalgamated Press, here's the link to the set on my website:

http://www.moviecard.com/misc_a-b/amal-filmfun-diecut.html#RTFToC1

There is also a sister set put out with Boys' Cinema magazine:

http://www.moviecard.com/misc_a-b/boycin-diecut.html#RTFToC1
LHIPKINS

Reply with quote  #3 
Thanks Troy,  Sorry, I couldn't find your email.  I appreciate your help and love your site.  Thanks, again, Leon
MorrellMan

Reply with quote  #4 
not a fan of UK issues, but I like these.  What size?

Forum Administrator/Owner
Reply with quote  #5 
beautiful cards.......

Crockettfan

Reply with quote  #6 
Striking colors!  Nice.

"Be sure you are right, then go ahead."
David Crockett
Enuffsenuff

Reply with quote  #7 
I have this set and it was issued by Boys Magazine. To my knowledge never issued by Amalgamated Press in UK or Australia. The dealer in Thailand is Martin Toms who was a UK based dealer for many years but moved to Thailand with his Thai partner about a year since. His ebay id is manutdfufu...which I believe is Manchester United fu.fu. or something like that....
LHIPKINS

Reply with quote  #8 
The link to Troy's site for the Boy's Cinema set has a photo of the magazine issue from 1938 showing the 2 cards (Errol Flynn and Louise Rainier) that were included in that issue and an inside page advertising that the next issue would have Max Miller.  So, it seems the initial release included 2 cards with subsequent issues having 1 card.  Since Boy's Cinema was published by Amalgamated Press and both sites include the same style blank back cards with a different checklist, could it be they are all the same issue?  As to Boy's Magazine, it was published by E. Hulton & co. and only ran until 1934.  Does your set have anything identifying Boy's Magazine or are they also blank backed?
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.