Vintage Non-Sports Cards
Buy/Sell/Trade Vintage Baseball Links Gallery of Non-Sports Cards
Vintage Non-sports Forum

Author   Comment  
bvb5366

Reply with quote  #1 
Some years ago, a friend of mine purchased a file related to Aviones airplane cards. The file included an empty box, a wrapper, those cards I showed a while back, which look like they had been glued to file pages. Also included, with all these things, was the card I will show below. It would be interesting to know who put this file together. At first we thought it be Stani, the company which produced the cards but the information on the card makes it look like someone who had received and was evaluating the box. The evaluation is pretty straight forwarded until you come to the card breakdown in the collation. There are totals of 24 cards for six different card numbers. This many cards would be found in 8 packs. If so, it would have meant that the collation was terrible. However, the card also says no duplications in each pack so 8 packs would not produce 10- 6's. 

The card is an interesting piece of card related paperwork. But does anyone on the board have any idea what those collation numbers might mean? Educated guesses and even WAG's would be appreciated.
2020-08-24_204519.jpg

Reply with quote  #2 
My guess is that you are right, eight packs were opened to get 24 total cards.  The numbering scheme is based on the last digit of the card number.  So "6's" could refer to 6, 16, 26, 36, 46, or 56.   Still an odd collation, but with three card packs, it would have higher standard deviations IMO than larger cards per pack.

PSA: "Sometimes Get Cheated"
https://www.comc.com/Users/mjohnatgt,sr,i100 

lcummins

Reply with quote  #3 
That card looks like it came from the Fleer archive. They apparently would buy and analyze the contents of boxes. I believe the collation means 4 singles, 5 doubles, 1 multiple of 5, etc. for a total of 108 cards (36 packs of 3), but only 24 different cards!

Reply with quote  #4 
That seems even more likely than my thesis, lcummins.

PSA: "Sometimes Get Cheated"
https://www.comc.com/Users/mjohnatgt,sr,i100 

lcummins

Reply with quote  #5 
That card IS from the Fleer Archive. Here is their “Man From U.N.C.L.E” archive... Leland’s sold this and other archive sets.

Attached Images
png 6900D020-F58E-42F5-BA94-AD957ACD3AA0.png (1.88 MB, 14 views)

bvb5366

Reply with quote  #6 
Thank you guys. I went to the right place for answers. Damn! You guys are good.

Edit: This explains the cards I got. There are 20 cards in pairs- that is, one of them was glued face up and the other with the back up. Then I have four cards with the face up and the card number written on the front - those were the 4-1's. 

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.