Vintage Non-Sports Cards
Buy/Sell/Trade Vintage Baseball Links Gallery of Non-Sports Cards
Vintage Non-sports Forum

Author   Comment  
moviecard

Reply with quote  #1 
I have been saving packaging from food issue trading cards for all trading card issues (non-sports and sports) since the 1980s. I recently scanned all of the items I could find. Here is the breakdown of what I have accumulated:

1984-1990 - 21 different items
1991-1992 - 183 different items
1993-1998 - 184 different items
1999-2008 - 145 different items
2009-2020 - 25 different items

Though I'm sure there are more items that I didn't acquire, this clearly shows that the 1990s was the era to collect food issues. I have at least 367 different items from the 1990s, while other decades near that were less than half that amount, and almost nothing is being issued today. 

[tyson-looneytunes-tweetymaccheeseF] 
[generalmills-pinocchio-figaro-kixB]    
non-sports daniel

Reply with quote  #2 
I had a bowl of Cinnamon Toast Crunch this morning. This was on the back of the box. Collect all five!

JRhodes

Reply with quote  #3 
Agreed that the ‘90s was the prime time for food packaging cards, which I think was a phenomenon linked to the baseball card craze of that era (even though there was obviously plenty of non-sports to go around, as well.

Has anyone ever come across a Mr. Freeze Fun Quiz card? These were plastic inserts in boxes of Mr. Freeze ice pops in the late ‘80/early ‘90s, and it’s the last type on my want list from that era that I’ve never been able to find.
non-sport.com

Reply with quote  #4 
Troy,
That is amazing! I knew there were lots of series issued but it's impressive you kept all the packaging. I try to keep the packaging as well but I doubt I have anywhere near that amount. Are you planning on posting your pictures anywhere on your website?

Reply with quote  #5 
Daniel, I'm impressed that you found Bob. The only one I've seen at my stores is Stuart on Honey Nut Cheerios. I have a feeling we are going to have to buy five different cereals to get all five Minions. Those Minions cards are the only ones I know of out on food products right now, though I think there are still some soccer cards on some Post boxes that are finishing up that promotion.

Todd, I will probably put together some type of display for all those packaging at some point soon, I just have to figure out how I want to present it. 
swarmee

Reply with quote  #6 
Winn Dixie has had a couple of nonsports sets the past couple of years: world wildlife and Star Wars discs.  Do you count grocery store promos as food cards?

PSA: "Sometimes Get Cheated"
https://www.comc.com/Users/mjohnatgt,sr,i100 

non-sports daniel

Reply with quote  #7 

Troy,

PM me your address and I'll send Bob your way.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.