Vintage Non-Sports Cards
Buy/Sell/Trade Vintage Baseball Links Gallery of Non-Sports Cards
Vintage Non-sports Forum

Author   Comment  
andycan

Reply with quote  #1 
I picked up a number of these cards and in order to find out more about them I searched earlier posts in this forum. There are 2 variations - with and without 'Series 1 to 32' on the front. Also, the ones without this on the front have writing (front and back) in blue, whereas the others are pinted in very dark blue/black. In the gallery it says there are 33 in the set, but this is surprising given that some of the cards say there are only 32 in the set. Is it possible that there are slightly different subjects in each variation such that really there are only 32 in the series? The gallery pictures are from both variations. Does anyone have a checklist of the 2 variations? I would love to see one if available.
I have checked the gallery and Todd's site and found 24 different birds without the series title, and 20 with - there is some duplication. Any help appreciated. I have a number to swap so will put them on the buy/sell section.

I also found posts years ago requesting a scan of a B&W card as they seem rare. Don't know if one has been posted  - can't see all photos in old posts. Please see below - sorry about the scan size but I am new to this!

Andy

Nea-To Gum B & W back.jpg  Nea-To Gum B & W.jpg

vintagenonsportschat

Forum Administrator/Owner
Reply with quote  #2 

I've got 33 titles checklisted..............

Avocet

Green Heron

Baltimore Oriole

Herring Gull

Barred Owl

House Wren

Black throated green warbler

Hummingbird

Bluebird

Junco

Bluejay

Kingbird

Bob White

Loon

Brown Pelican

Mourning Dove

Catbird

Nuthatch

Chickadee

Partridge

Chipping Sparrow

Ruffed Grouse

Cormorant

Shrike

Cowbird

Sparrow Hawk

Downy Woodpecker

Spotted Sandpiper

Fish Hawk

Towhee

Gold Finch

Wood Duck

Great Blue Heron

Those are the 33 titles I have checklisted............and I didn't have a back on the black-backed version.  The checklist above is for the ones WITHOUT the 1 to 32 numbers.  The only black and white ones I have checklisted are your pictured one and the Mockingbird.

I know Marty Krim collects these and just got a good sized group of them, but is on a cruise now and I think/hope he'll weigh in on his findings on the ones he has.  I sold all my "E" stuff back in 2014 and don't have any of them right now.

Congrats if you picked up the black and white one pictured.  They are few and far between..........

andycan

Reply with quote  #3 
Thanks for the response. Your list matches the birds listed in the gallery, but some of the associated pictures in there have 'Series 1 to 32' on the front. So (sorry to be pedantic) but have you seen 33 diffferent cards without the series title? If so, maybe there is 1 less card in the titled variation? After all, the ACC says it is a series of 32. Just trying to establish how many cards I am still after!

I attach a scan of both variations, showing the different colour printings. Interestingly I have 2 cards of the House Wren with series on the front, one a blue back and one with the darker printing. All other cards with the series title on the front have the darker printing.

I am very pleased to get the B&W card!

Andy

Nea-To Gum with series title.jpg  Nea-To Gum without series title.jpg

non-sports daniel

Reply with quote  #4 
If only there was a book detailing these sets...
vintagenonsportschat

Forum Administrator/Owner
Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by non-sports daniel
If only there was a book detailing these sets...
m

Cold. But true.
non-sport.com

Reply with quote  #6 
Andy,
If you can post a list of the 20 birds with the "32" line we can update the listing in the database. (or the 10 additional as we only have 10)

150dpi scans of the missing 10 would also be great!

I assume you do not have any more of the non-32 than what we show in the database? (we have 24 diff)

Reply with quote  #7 
I attach a scan of the 10 cards you do not have listed. I do not have the Catbird and Chickadee that you show, so 10 extra for your list.

If you want separate scans I will divide the picture, but I am about to go away, so will do this early next week if required.

Of those without series title I have the same 24 as those you show.

Andy

Nea-to for Todd.jpg

non-sport.com

Reply with quote  #8 
Andy, Good info! I'm guessing the non-32 variety is only a set of 24 (maybe Marty can confirm when he returns).

If you can do bigger pics we can put them in the db. We do 150dpi which seems to be a nice reasonable size.

You can email them directly to me at: tntriley@columbus.rr.com
(as I do think the site will auto-resize your image if it thinks it too large)

PS: I did add the titles to the db.

Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.