Vintage Non-Sports Cards
Buy/Sell/Trade Vintage Baseball Links Gallery of Non-Sports Cards
Vintage Non-sports Forum

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
a71678

Type Collector
Reply with quote  #26 
Congratulations, Daniel!

Jack, that OPC Fightin' Marines wrapper is nice! I wasn't even aware that OPC issued that set. Great restoration effort on the License Plates wrapper, as well.
fallbrookjack

Reply with quote  #27 
Jason - Interestingly enough, there is an entry in the Non-Sports Bible that says, "OPC cut American printed sheets and wrapped only five cent packs in unique wrappers for Canadian distribution."  I'd call this a unique wrapper.  Are there any uniquely Canadian cards?  It would be great if there were some out there with the alternate insignia on the back.  - Jack J.
Terry G.

Reply with quote  #28 
Jack--no unique OPC indications on cards from the 50s. The entry from the NSB is correct about US cards being cut in Canada. The unique indications didn't begin until the Beatles cards in '64 and possibly from Giant Size Funny Valentines from around the same period. However, there are many unique OPC wrappers and boxes from the 50s like the Rails and Sails attached.

There are at least 105 of the OPC Fighting Marines packs (some now wrappers) in existence. How do I know? They were part of a 2004 Mastronet auction which featured a ton of Canadian material.

OPC Rails and Sails Wrapper.jpg 

fallbrookjack

Reply with quote  #29 
Thanks for the great info, Terry and for the R&S wrapper scan.  - Jack J.
Terry G.

Reply with quote  #30 
My pleasure, Jack!
non-sports daniel

Reply with quote  #31 
Likely the last pickups of 2017 for me. Slowly picking away at Pulver Pictures while trying to maintain condition. The Sky Birds is an upgrade and the IG is a series of 288 for the master set efforts.

[ad8y1Jzh] 

Bummer about the borders on these R75s but I'm not condition sensitive on them. Who doesn't love the Tip Top series? The R151 Tom Mix high number puts me at half of the them now.

[2ZzLtq1h]
non-sport.com

Reply with quote  #32 
I've been a bit out of it lately as I hurt my back a few weeks ago and have been slowly recovering.

Jason, those president cards are from Frito-Lay and are pretty tough to find. We do have them in the database.

http://www.non-sport.com/sets/6897

Reply with quote  #33 
A few crumbs to finish out my year...

Dixie Ice Cream premiums..
dixie.jpg 

A few bread cards...
IMG_4274.jpg  IMG_4275.jpg 

A few cards from a fellow board member...
IMG_4276.jpg 

Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.