Vintage Non-Sports Cards
Buy/Sell/Trade Vintage Baseball Links Gallery of Non-Sports Cards
Vintage Non-sports Forum

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
carbking

Reply with quote  #26 
Thanks for the reports and the pictures, very much appreciated.

Certainly wish the organizers would consider St. Louis again, would love to walk through all those cards.

Jon.

If you think "one size fits all" - try walking a mile in your spouse's shoes!
Marslife

Reply with quote  #27 
Hi Jon,

I heard thru the grapevine that the National will now be rotated thru only the three venues, Cleveland, Chicago and Atlantic City.

Reply with quote  #28 
Cliff - I have heard the same thing; which means B/S/T on this forum, and ebay for me.

Jon.

If you think "one size fits all" - try walking a mile in your spouse's shoes!
DHogan

Reply with quote  #29 
I wish It would come to Boston.
bcornell

Defender & Offender
Reply with quote  #30 
I got to check Beachley and Hollandbeck off my non-sport list, finally.  Woohoo!  Marty came & went so quickly that I missed him.  What was the rush?

Rhett had a ton of great stuff.  Despite being buried out in the 2200 row, his table was very busy.

Henry, several people asked if you were in attendance.  You're due for a repeat visit.

The show is in Chicago next year, then AC (ugh) in 2020; after that it may just stay in Chicago and not move again.  It's not going to Boston, St. Louis, Anaheim, etc., etc.  The guys who run it are - and I say this without much malice - incompetent.

Reply with quote  #31 
I was there on the Weds and finished 7 different sets from the 50's and 60's.  I found some of the sports dealers that had some non-sports were over priced but there were several non-sports dealers there that had reasonable prices making the 6hr drive worth while.

Reply with quote  #32 
Hello Bill: It is humbling to know that I was missed..

I wondered why you asked about me rushing out of the Convention Center...then I realized that you have not been The Non-Sportsman of the Year..

It is hard to explain (to those of you not having this honor) the downside..

I could not walk down a Convention aisle without being hassled by glad-handers, autograph seekers and just plain gawkers..

I am surprised I lasted as long as I did..
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
On another matter, I had made the decision on the way home that this would be my last Convention, at least for a while..
I told Debby about my decision and she looked at me and said: "We ARE going next year"
You do remember that your daughter lives in Chicago, don't you ??

Another fine mess I got myself into..
vintagenonsportschat

Forum Administrator/Owner
Reply with quote  #33 
And it appears that after Atlantic City in 2020, it may have a permanent (at least temporarily permanent) home in Chicago.  So you may be forced into going every year.  This year, I used a fat disguise so people wouldn't recognize me as a previous NSOY award winner.  It worked most of Tuesday.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.