Vintage Non-Sports Cards
Buy/Sell/Trade Vintage Baseball Links Gallery of Non-Sports Cards
Vintage Non-sports Forum

Author   Comment  
Richard Hall

Reply with quote  #1 
Enough binders to make finding cards difficult; reorganized to white, labeled binders, 2 inches wide as a maximum. 75% done. Some random comments here were enlightening. Thanks.

Attached Images
jpeg 16003038211014219035022948865608.jpg (3.16 MB, 13 views)

sthoemke

Reply with quote  #2 
How many different sets are in the Mort Kunstler binder?

MorrellMan

Reply with quote  #3 
Labeled binders are mandatory

binders1.jpg 

Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sthoemke

3]  Civil War, [Son of] Civil War, & Wild West

Does he have any other sets?

Reply with quote  #5 
No other trading card sets that I am aware of.

There are a few postcard sets:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mort-Kunstler-4-Post-Card-Packs-Civil-War-Legends-in-Gray-Gettysburg-1861-1865/133182211011?hash=item1f024743c3:g:9W8AAOSwEeldimfx

His art is also featured on a few Atlas Editions subscription cards:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-of-3-CIVIL-WAR-COLLECTORS-CARDS-2-Mort-Kunstler-art-Gettysburg-Lee-VG/361787155605?hash=item543c31e495:g:Ly8AAOSw8w1X40tH
M@rk_F1nn

Reply with quote  #6 
[image]
fallbrookjack

Reply with quote  #7 
Running out of room.  - Jack J.

Shelf Unit 9-18-20.jpg 

non-sports daniel

Reply with quote  #8 
Cloud Atlas is one of my favorites Jack. I love all of David Mitchell's books. He has a new one out now.

Most of our collections spend their life in the dark away from any eyes but our own. I would love to do a tour and be able to see some other's collections first hand. Do like a progressive viewing thing or something. You know, if we all lived in the same neighborhood and were willing.

P.S. if you need more storage space I'd like to officially offer my house as an option. Now accepting all 1930-40s cards/wrappers with no "ingestion" fees!
fallbrookjack

Reply with quote  #9 
Yeah Daniel, Todd and I once discussed a centrally located "Museum" (maybe in Kansas) where we could all house our collections.  We'd get together and compare and appreciate it all.  Maybe that way we wouldn't be competing so hard for those rare gems that turn up on Ebay every once in a while.   It might even force me to upgrade my binders so they didn't look so shabby.  - Jack J.
non-sports daniel

Reply with quote  #10 
My daughter is in Kansas; that could be all right.

On an unrelated note, you collect old tractors?

There's a picture somewhere on the board of Ken's binders. I don't know how you guys do it with different binders. If I stored cards in binders the way everyone else does then every binder would have to be the same brand, color, and possibly size.
non-sport.com

Reply with quote  #11 
I go with the darker albums and then reverse print the labels - which I think makes them "pop" better..
IMG_7095.jpg 
(Daniel - this is 3 ft of binders with nothing but coffee cards in it. That is why I have been crying over your H509 set)

Reply with quote  #12 
Daniel - For a while I thought I collected old tractors.  I have a 1928 Cletrac 20K, a 1932 Case C, a 1948 Farmall A, a 1949 Ford 8N and a 1953 Ford Jubilee.  The trouble is, none of them run.  I found out I collect wrappers better than I am a mechanic so now they're basically yard art.  I still love having them around.  The Cletrac crawler was a kick when it was running.  -Jack J.
Richard Hall

Reply with quote  #13 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sthoemke

Three, Civil War, [Son of] CivilWar, and Wild West

Reply with quote  #14 
Interesting seeing how everyone stores their cards. One of the things I like about a lot of Non-Sports collections I see is the use of binders, which is seen less and less in the sports card world with grading taking over everything.

Here are a few non-sport sections of my card room...
[albumsoffice1] 
[albumsoffice2] 
[albumsoffice3]
n5gwu

Reply with quote  #15 
While I have a lot of sets in boxes I don't have anything in binders (yet).  I am working more toward graded stuff so that precludes using binders but I don't forsee completing graded sets except for maybe my 1958 Oak Manufacturing Company Birds set where I got 25 of them SGC graded already in an auction and 3 or 4 other partial sets that I bought already SGC graded at auction.  Some day I want to finish those sets.  I just looked through some of my boxes and I need to concentrate on a few sets instead of picking up everything that catches my eye.

Speaking of eyes, I'm 70 and have had cataract surgery on both eyes and don't see like I did when I was 16 so it makes it really difficult to be able to accurately grade cards so I tend to go with already graded cards so that when I shuffle on off the mortal coil my wife will have an easier job getting "her" money back out of my collection.

I do like the tobacco cards and have accumulated a whole lot of those but they languish in a box(es) until I have more time.

I really like the look of the bindered sets.  I notice that the shelves tend to bow down.  I have a model train collection that is one wooden shelves and they are all closer to the ground in the middle than they were when I first set them there.  Anyone have a good idea on how to support the shelves so they don't bow so much?
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.