Vintage Non-Sports Cards
Buy/Sell/Trade Vintage Baseball Links Gallery of Non-Sports Cards
Vintage Non-sports Forum

Author   Comment  
LuckyLarry

Reply with quote  #1 
A few years ago I picked up some of the CWN Confederate money inserts. It turned out that I had purchased some of the A&BC inserts (pictured top). Todays mail brought a handful of the regular Topps inserts (pictured bottom). The paper seems to be the same, but it's easy to see the color difference.

The A&BC CWN cards are smaller, correct?

Even with the bills folded, they appear to be larger than the A&BC cards. Were the A&BC cards issued in wax packs? Seems like it might have been tricky since the money (even folded) is larger than the cards? 

fallbrookjack

Reply with quote  #2 
Here's a wrapper from the A&BC Civil War News.  The folds indicate a contents the size of the cards.  - Jack J.

Civil War-A&BC wrapper  001.jpg

Mrmikie

Reply with quote  #3 
I didn't collect the Civil War News cards when they came out in the UK (they never seemed to be available in my area). However, I do have a lot of the Confederate Money which came from packets. I can't put my finger on them, but I am pretty sure there is a vertical crease in the middle of the notes. I think I obtained them from packets of the UK High Chapparal set in addition to them being issued with the CWN set.
LuckyLarry

Reply with quote  #4 
You are correct the A&BC notes are folded vertically THX
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.